editors: Thread: Informational: [Fwd: Re: Review Complete: Linux Kernel 0.01 Commentary]

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Informational: [Fwd: Re: Review Complete: Linux Kernel 0.01 Commentary]
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 28 Oct 2003 08:07:58 -0000

Hi all,

I just completed a rather exhaustive review on the new HOWTO mentioned
above (which is not yet added, due to a few outstanding changes
required, mentioned below).

I wanted to provide you with a copy of the email I sent to the author
after I completed the review.  Even without the files attached for you
to see, I thought this might be interesting to you all.  Sometimes just
seeing what another person does while on the job can give you ideas of
your own.

If you find all of this overwhelming, and something you don't think you
can do yourself, that's fine.  I only mean for this to be a glimpse of
my process, and using a real email seemed the most efficient way to do
that.

As you can see by the author's response, having given him reasons for my
proposed changes, he is quite willing to work on the weaker points.
This is ultimately our goal - if we can have the author take
responsibility and agree to the changes from the get-go, it makes things
go much smoother.

Please read over my email conversation below, and consider these things
during reviews, when you can.  You will find most authors cooperative;
I've never had a single issue with my revisions since I started, and I
think it has a lot to do with these kinds of communications.

Much thanks!
Tab