editors: Thread: Hi!

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Hi!
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 2003 05:19:55 -0000

Please let me know who's here!

--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com
Linux Documentation Project Review Coordinator (http://www.tldp.org)
Linux Counter Area Manager US:wa (http://counter.li.org)

Subject: RE: Hi!
From: Y Giridhar Appaji Nag ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 2003 07:19:36 -0000

Tabatha Marshall ####@####.#### wrote:
> Please let me know who's here!

I am here, but I subscribed to this list to monitor it for any
interesting activity for the LDP Weekly News. I sometimes have
comments on documents that I read and send them to the authors.
But its more like when I have some free time. Nothing official
about it.

	Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag        ####@####.####

Not throwing out the baby with the bath-water doesn't mean that
you cannot improve the system. I'm only arguing against stupid
people who think they need a revolution to improve - most real
improvements are evolutionary. - Linus Torvalds

an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 2003 08:47:34 -0000

I appreciate you letting the list know!  No problem at all, and in fact,
I hope that with a couple extra pairs of eyes joining me soon, you'll
find more going on here in the future!

Newly joining the "Review Crew" is Chris Teodorski, and hopefully
rejoining the effort is Mary Gardiner.  I am excited to get any help I
can to improve our documentation collection!

I've of course posted a message to see if we have any other folks
available for review, and I hope to hear from you all soon.

**REVIEWERS**

I currently have a draft document entitled "International Affiliates
Guide" - How to manage media and public relations, submitted by the
Linux Professional Institute, awaiting feedback on the discussion list
and requiring assistance with markup.  The draft has been submitted in
MS Word format and requires conversion to SGML or XML, preferably the
latter due to the document's size.  This will most likely be
accomplished by saving as RTF and perhaps using some command-line tools
to convert to DocBook, unless you have a better method, but it will
still require intensive editing, again due to its size.

That's about it for the news here!

Thanks very much,
Tabatha

From: Mary Gardiner ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 2003 09:31:25 -0000

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003, Tabatha Marshall wrote:
> Please let me know who's here!

I'm here as you know.

Like everyone who volunteers for this kind of thing I'm a busy person,
but I can probably do a review a month or roughly that workload.

-Mary
From: Mary Gardiner ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 2003 09:33:52 -0000

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2003, Tabatha Marshall wrote:
> > Please let me know who's here!
>
> I'm here as you know.
>
> Like everyone who volunteers for this kind of thing I'm a busy person,
> but I can probably do a review a month or roughly that workload.

That's not "it will take me a month to do a review" it's "I won't have
time to do one every week"! ;)

-Mary
From: "Joy Y Goodreau" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 2003 12:45:44 -0000

I may have just the person for the markup challenge. We have a summer
intern here at IBM who is learning DocBook and XML and this would be a
GREAT project for her. Let me know if this project is still available and I
think we can take it on. :)

Thanks,

joy

************************
Joy Y. Goodreau
LTC Information Development, Team Lead
Collections Editor for The Linux Documentation Project (www.tldp.org)
Office: (512) 838-4118;  T/L:  678-4118
####@####.####

                      Tabatha Marshall
                      <tabatha@merlinmo        To:       Y Giridhar Appaji Nag ####@####.####
                      nroe.com>                cc:       ####@####.####
                      06/03/2003 03:49
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      tabatha

From: Kristin E Thomas ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 2003 13:46:37 -0000

I'm here.  I can probably also do a review a month (most months).

Thanks,
Kristin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Kristin Thomas
Linux Information Development
Linux Technology Center
Ph. (512) 838-4546, T/L 678-4546
Bldg. 908 1D036
####@####.####

                      Tabatha Marshall
                      <tabatha@merlinmo        To:       ####@####.####
                      nroe.com>                cc:
                      06/03/2003 12:21
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      tabatha

Please let me know who's here!

From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 2003 18:00:56 -0000

Hi Marc,

So are you able to accept reviews?  I don't have anything going on right
now, just got through a whole bunch, but even if I can ping you from
time to time and check, it would help.

Tabatha

From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jun 2003 18:36:15 -0000

Hi Kristin, and thanks!

This is great, I've got 3-4 people available now, all in the course of
one day.

Wow, now I'll actually be able to get some of my own book written!  :D

I don't have anything right now, just got through a handful here this
past week.  But when they start trickling in, I will be pleased to check
around with all of you instead of taking everything on myself!

Thanks again,
Tab