editors: Thread: Assignments for editing?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Assignments for editing?
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 14 Apr 2002 23:31:52 -0000

Hi folks,

I re-read the Reviewer HOWTO which indicated a number of ways to get started,
but to date I have not yet picked up a document to edit.  One of the ways
indicated was to have something assigned.

Many of the documents at db.linuxdoc.org have notes but are still in status
unreviewed, even though in some cases the comments are old as well.

Rather than step on toes, I thought maybe it would be better to have
something assigned to me for editing, and then I could get started without
overlapping someone else's work.

I had considered offering help on the BASH Programming - Introduction HOWTO,
but I can see some notes there, even though the document is unreviewed.
Looks like there was someone who volunteered to maintain the document but no
new information since Nov 2001.  I was unsure how to proceed, if it was okay
to email the author or make sure no one else was already working on this.

No need for duplication of effort!

If you can recommend a better way to get started, I'd appreciate that too!
--
Tabatha Persad