editors: Contact information

Subject: Contact information
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 11 Nov 2003 23:07:58 -0000

Hi everybody,

I thought since we have such a large group all getting to know the same
thing, it might be handy to give you all my instant messenger contact
information.  This way, rather than being dependent on email, you can
contact me with your questions WHEN you need the answers!

I will warn you in advance I keep a strange schedule.  I'm usually here
from approximately 11am-2am pacific.  (Yes, sick.  I'm a night owl!)

To reach me:

MSN Messenger:	####@####.####
AIM:		tabbie9369
Yahoo:		tabbie_9369
ICQ:		14155698

Feel free to add me to your lists if you use any of the above, and
you're always welcome to drop me a message.  I'm on cable, so sometimes
I'm away but not marked as such.  Bear with me.  If you put a window up
on my screen, I WILL answer it!

For you new folks, I have archived examples of email I've sent to
authors, sample files and revision notes I can forward to you.  Before I
do that though I will send a separate email outlining my process, and
where the reviewers come in, how to respond, and so on.  Things had been
fairly informal up until now, but I myself will be adhering more to my
responsibilities as a coordinator as outlined in the guide, so that
we're all on the same page and working as a team.

I have to warn you in advance, I'm a HUGE fan of editing.  When I'm
talking like this I'm not as careful, but I try and take a very
professional approach to editing the collection, and I'm looking forward
to working with others who are of the same mindset.  I am always
enthusiastic about the LDP, and you don't have to be, but I hope to make
this an enjoyable enough experience that maybe it happens to you a
little just from the exposure!  :P

Yeah, okay, did I mention I'm a little weird?  :D

Let me get to work...

Welcome, and ping me anytime!

Tab

--