editors: Re: bridging mini-howto

Subject: Re: bridging mini-howto
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 22 May 2002 00:04:32 -0000

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 09:48, you wrote:
> yes, do change the license field and the format field in the DB for
> the document and make a note in the notes that you did that. (I
> think you have permissions to do this. If not just make the note
> and send me an email and I will update the fields.) Are you also
> editing the document? If so then the author will need to see your
> changes.
>
> If it is understood with the author that you will go ahead and
> submit the changes back into CVS then it is fine to do so. You will
> want to also send a copy of the new source to the author.

I resubmitted this one just an hour or so ago, and the author has a
copy as well.  He'd told me I had his permission to make the changes,
and I have his email on my system.  Will there be anywhere else a
copy of his email needs to be?

I updated the database, but I left out the path to the howto and the
version I left as it was.  I mentioned this in my submit email.  The
reason is that I think cvs creates a version number, so I wanted to
leave that.  Also the path would not be known because it was
previously a linuxdoc and is now docbook.

I'm currently converting the new submission Remote Bridging
mini-HOWTO into Docbook and adding the GFDL.  I also suggested to
this author that to make his bridging doc more distinctive, he
consider adding "with IP Tunnels" to the title.  I am waiting to hear
what he thinks of this, but this one should be re-submitted within
the next day or so!

Just thought I'd let you know!

--
Tabatha Persad