editors: Volunteer Documentation

Subject: Volunteer Documentation
From: Vikas Singhal ####@####.####
Date: 23 Mar 2005 05:05:04 -0000

Hi!

I am a doc writer with an experience of more than three years. I want to
contribute to the Linux Documentation Project.

While going through the list of documents that are currently not maintained,
I observed that there exist no HOWTO for open source databases.

There is a proposal on a HOWTO on open source databases.

Proposed HOWTO: Open Source Databases for Linux
Brief-up: The document will explain installation and configuration of
various open source databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MaxDB, and
Firebird, on Linux platform. This document will also provide comparison
among these databases. This will not be a very detailed manual but an
overview and will provide pointers for further information.

Please let me know if someone is working on this kind of document.

Thanks,
-Vikas