editors: Reviews currently needed or in progress

Subject: Reviews currently needed or in progress
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 14 Nov 2003 01:45:18 -0000

Hi all,

Just a little status report:

1.  Emma Jane Hogbin is working on the review of Al Dev's CVS HOWTO., as
well as finishing up (I think?) the Author's Guide.  Other people are
now contributing to the Author's Guide, which is in CVS.

2.  The new Webcam HOWTO has been through peer review and is waiting for
a willing reviewer.  Please let me know ASAP!

3.  The "How to Manage Media and Public Relations in the Linux
Community" guide was reviewed over the summer, and is in need of
transformation from MS Word to XML before the end of November.  I am
working on this, but wouldn't mind a hand if someone else thinks they
can get it done fairly quickly!

4.  I'm working on a large guide from Machtelt Garrels (aka Tille), and
I'm WAAY behind - I need to get caught up, as it's a 13-chapter book.
If someone wants to work on it with me, each chapter is split into its
own XML file, and we have a text file we've been keeping on the side as
somewhat of a style guide (so we confirm to certain standard
terminology).  If you're interested in helping with this, I can use a
hand there too!  That might buy me some time to get some information
more organized, both on the site, and between our group.

5.  The Kernel HOWTO, also written by Al Dev, is probably of high enough
quality to be reviewed and kept in the collection.  We have an offer
from John Levon in the discussion list to review the document for
technical accuracy when it's done, as he has a great deal of kernel
experience.  If anyone's interested in working on the Kernel HOWTO,
please let me know!

That about wraps it up for now.  Please jump in, and I'll be glad to
work with you even if you don't have any tools available.  This will
give me some time to locate more tools and maybe resurrect that Style
Guide project we started last year!

Thanks much,
Tab

--