docbook: Thread: Error while parsing sgml with openjade

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 3 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: Error while parsing sgml with openjade
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2004 02:05:41 -0000

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 01:15, Michael Schlenstedt wrote:
> On Sa Mär 13, 2004, Ari Makela ####@####.#### wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 10:39, Michael Schlenstedt wrote:
> >
> > > Well, there seems to be *a lot of* changes between sgml and xml?
> >
> > XML is case-sensitive unlike SGML.
> >

> Ah, ok. I try to do it step-by-step now. I first try to get an validate
> xml-document, after that, I will try to translate it into html ot any
> other format.
>
> So the only errors I got from the online-validator are now:
>
> ,----
> | Line 277, Column 46 ::  end tag for "xref" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was
> | specified
> | e in <xref linkend="feedback">).
> | ------------------------------^
> `----

Try using <xref linkend="feedback" /> instead, and you'll be fine.

> ,----
> | Line 586, Column 9 ::  document type does not allow element "row" here
> | <row>
> | ---------^
> `----
>     <tgroup cols='4' align='left' colsep='1' rowsep='1'>
>     <thead>
>      <row>
>       <entry>Bezeichnung</entry>
>       <entry>Open Source I4L-Treiber</entry>
>       <entry>Open Source CAPI-Treiber</entry>
>       <entry>Eigener Hersteller-Treiber</entry>
>      </row>
>     </thead>
>     <tbody>
>      <row>
>       <entry>ACER P10</entry>
>       <entry>Ja</entry>
>       <entry>Nein</entry>
>       <entry>?</entry>
>      </row>
>     </tbody>
>     </tgroup>

Everything looks fine here.  Are you sure this is the source for the
table near line 586?  :D

I checked it against the example at
www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/table.html and looks fine to me.  Please
double check the location of the error and maybe show us some source
just above and below it.

Thanks,
Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com

From: Michael Schlenstedt ####@####.####
Date: 15 Mar 2004 18:40:10 -0000

On Sa Mär 13, 2004, Tabatha Marshall ####@####.#### wrote:

> > ,----
> > | Line 586, Column 9 ::  document type does not allow element "row" here
> > | <row>
> > | ---------^
> > `----
> >     <tgroup cols='4' align='left' colsep='1' rowsep='1'>
> >     <thead>
> >      <row>
> >       <entry>Bezeichnung</entry>
> >       <entry>Open Source I4L-Treiber</entry>
> >       <entry>Open Source CAPI-Treiber</entry>
> >       <entry>Eigener Hersteller-Treiber</entry>
> >      </row>
> >     </thead>
> >     <tbody>
> >      <row>
> >       <entry>ACER P10</entry>
> >       <entry>Ja</entry>
> >       <entry>Nein</entry>
> >       <entry>?</entry>
> >      </row>
> >     </tbody>
> >     </tgroup>
>
> Everything looks fine here.  Are you sure this is the source for the
> table near line 586?  :D

Yes, I am sure ;-) I only have one table in the document:

,----
|    <para>
|    Wie bereits erwähnt gibt es zwei unterschiedliche Treibermodelle:
|    ISDN4Linux
|    und CAPI. Bis auf einige aktive Karten gab es für ISDN-Hardware bis
|    vor
|    kurzem ausschließlich I4L-Treiber. Seit Kernel 2.6 werden aber für
|    immer mehr
|    passive Karten auch CAPI-Treiber bereitgestellt. Hier hat man also
|    die Wahl
|    zwischen beiden Treibermodellen. Mehr zur Auswahl eines geeigneten
|    Treibers
|    folgt im nächsten Kapitel.
|    </para>

|     <tgroup cols='4' align='left' colsep='1' rowsep='1'>
|     <thead>
|      <row>
|       <entry>Bezeichnung</entry>
|       <entry>Open Source I4L-Treiber</entry>
|       <entry>Open Source CAPI-Treiber</entry>
|       <entry>Eigener Hersteller-Treiber</entry>
|      </row>
|     </thead>
|     <tbody>
|      <row>
|       <entry>ACER P10</entry>
|       <entry>Ja</entry>
|       <entry>Nein</entry>
|       <entry>?</entry>
|      </row>
|      <row>
|       <entry>Winbond W6692 based cards</entry>
|       <entry>Ja</entry>
|       <entry>Ja</entry>
|       <entry>?</entry>
|      </row>
|     </tbody>
|     </tgroup>
|
|   </sect2>
`----

Here's the URL of the complete source:
http://www.schlenn.net/~michael/isdn4linux/draft/de/xml/

Bye,
Michael
From: "John R. Daily" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Mar 2004 01:07:43 -0000

Line 580 starts a new <row> without closing the open one.

-John

From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 16 Mar 2004 04:14:21 -0000

I actually grabbed the file from Michael's link and took a look.  Put in
the missing </row> tag and properly closed all the xrefs and he's good
to go.

:D

Tab

From: "Michael Schlenstedt" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Mar 2004 08:52:57 -0000

Tabatha Marshall sagte:
> Michael,
>
> I found the doc's problem areas.  I am attaching a revised copy of it
> along with a diff file to show you what was wrong.

Thank you very much!

Bye,
Michael
From: Michael Schlenstedt ####@####.####
Date: 22 Mar 2004 20:01:21 -0000

On Mo Mär 15, 2004, Tabatha Marshall ####@####.#### wrote:
> I actually grabbed the file from Michael's link and took a look.  Put in
> the missing </row> tag and properly closed all the xrefs and he's good
> to go.
>
> :D
>
> Tab

I now have a working XML-openjade-docbook-installation! Thanks a lot to
everyone who helped!

The only problem I still have: The german umlauts are displayed wrong in
the generated html-files. It seems that they are displayed with random
letters.

This is how I start the xml-file:

,----
| <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
`----

Bye,
Michael

From: Togan Muftuoglu ####@####.####
Date: 22 Mar 2004 20:03:41 -0000

* Michael Schlenstedt; ####@####.#### on 22 Mar, 2004 wrote:
>On Mo Mär 15, 2004, Tabatha Marshall ####@####.#### wrote:
>> I actually grabbed the file from Michael's link and took a look.  Put in
>> the missing </row> tag and properly closed all the xrefs and he's good
>> to go.
>>
>> :D
>>
>> Tab
>
>I now have a working XML-openjade-docbook-installation! Thanks a lot to
>everyone who helped!
>
>The only problem I still have: The german umlauts are displayed wrong in
>the generated html-files. It seems that they are displayed with random
>letters.
>
>This is how I start the xml-file:
>
>,----
>| <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
>`----

what does is say in the html file

--

Togan Muftuoglu

From: Michael Schlenstedt ####@####.####
Date: 23 Mar 2004 06:35:10 -0000

On Mo Mär 22, 2004, Togan Muftuoglu ####@####.#### wrote:

> >This is how I start the xml-file:
> >
> >,----
> >| <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
> >`----
>
> what does is say in the html file

Mmhh I only have this in the html-file:

,----
| <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
`----

Well, the broken umlauts are not only visible when viewing the file with
a webbrowser, there are also broken in the source of the html-file.

I've loaded the broken html-files up:
http://www.schlenn.net/~michael/temp/broken/

Bye,
Michael
From: "Ferg / LDP" ####@####.####
Date: 23 Mar 2004 14:24:52 -0000

> Well, the broken umlauts are not only visible when viewing the file with
> a webbrowser, there are also broken in the source of the html-file.
>
> I've loaded the broken html-files up:
> http://www.schlenn.net/~michael/temp/broken/

Did you try setting the lang="" attribute on your top-level
container object?

    <article lang="de">
or
    <book lang="de">

or if using a custom stylesheet:

    (define %default-language% "de")

(from http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/documentation/faq/#d0e367)

regards
--
Greg Ferguson / LDP volunteer
####@####.####
From: Michael Schlenstedt ####@####.####
Date: 23 Mar 2004 18:00:09 -0000

On Di Mär 23, 2004, Ferg / LDP ####@####.#### wrote:

> Did you try setting the lang="" attribute on your top-level
> container object?
>
>     <article lang="de">

Yes, I use these lines:

,----