docbook: Thread: entity not a function name error

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: entity not a function name error
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jul 2003 21:20:52 -0000

I'm trying to validate my document and I'm getting errors like this:

nsgmls -s acpi-1.1.xml

      <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD XML DocBook V4.2//EN"
	  "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"
	  [(two entities defined)]

nsgmls:<URL>http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/ent/iso-amsr.ent:19:18:E:
"X22DE" is not a function name
nsgmls:<URL>http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/ent/iso-amsr.ent:20:18:E:
"X22DF" is not a function name
nsgmls:<URL>http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/ent/iso-amsr.ent:21:18:E:
"X227C" is not a function name
nsgmls:<URL>http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/ent/iso-amsr.ent:22:18:E:
"X22A3" is not a function name

Does that look familiar to anyone? I have no idea what to do to fix them.
:/

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jul 2003 21:27:32 -0000

Hi there, Emma,

 : I'm trying to validate my document and I'm getting errors like this:
 :
 : nsgmls -s acpi-1.1.xml

You need to tell nsgmls to refer to the xml.dcl file when
validating XML.  Try this:

$ nsgmls -s /full/path/to/dssl-stylesheets/dtds/decls/xml.dcl acpi-1.1.xml

 :       <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD XML DocBook V4.2//EN"
 : 	  "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"
 : 	  [(two entities defined)]
 : 	  >
 : Does that look familiar to anyone? I have no idea what to do to fix them.

Enjoy,

-Martin
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jul 2003 21:44:11 -0000

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 04:27:42PM -0500, Martin A. Brown wrote:
> You need to tell nsgmls to refer to the xml.dcl file when
> validating XML.  Try this:
> $ nsgmls -s /full/path/to/dssl-stylesheets/dtds/decls/xml.dcl acpi-1.1.xml

Perfect, thanks!! For me it's:
nsgmls -s /usr/share/sgml/declaration/xml.dcl acpi-1.1.xml

It took me a few tries to figure out which the right file was, but I've
got it figured now.

emma :)