docbook: Thread: Maintaining/updating the LDP XSLT stylesheets

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Maintaining/updating the LDP XSLT stylesheets
From: Dan York ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jun 2003 14:18:46 -0000

Folks,

We need a new maintainer for the LDP XSLT stylesheets.

As I mentioned in another message, the LDP XSLT stylesheets that are
a customization layer on top of the 'standard' DocBook XSLT stylesheets.
When I last updated them, they were based on version 1.44 of the DocBook
stylesheets.  I see on:

that the stylesheets are now up to 1.61.2.  I know, from a report, that
the LDP stylesheets don't work with the latest as it sounds like the way
documentation in the standard stylesheets is done has changed - and my
layer just copied/pasted some of that code.

So someone needs to install the latest docbook-xsl, install the ldp.xsl,
and then test the various pages to see if the HTML generation actually
works... and then, of course, fix it and roll a new ldp.xsl that can be
referenced off of:

  http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/usingldpxsl.html

The thing is... it can no longer be me.  I'm no longer working with
DocBook on a daily basis (or even doing documentation) and I simply
have no cycles to do much of anything to help out.

As that page in the LAG indicates, ldp-print.xsl also needs work as it
has never been touched.  The idea was to give it the print options similar
to what is in ldp.dsl.

Anyway, the stylesheets need to be updated... and we need someone to
do it.

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director, Mobility & Productivity Applications
Mitel Networks Corporation            ####@####.####
From: David Horton ####@####.####
Date: 16 Jun 2003 22:30:27 -0000

Dan York wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We need a new maintainer for the LDP XSLT stylesheets.
>
> As I mentioned in another message, the LDP XSLT stylesheets that are
> a customization layer on top of the 'standard' DocBook XSLT stylesheets.
> When I last updated them, they were based on version 1.44 of the DocBook
> stylesheets.  I see on:
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=21935
>
> that the stylesheets are now up to 1.61.2.  I know, from a report, that
> the LDP stylesheets don't work with the latest as it sounds like the way
> documentation in the standard stylesheets is done has changed - and my
> layer just copied/pasted some of that code.
>
> So someone needs to install the latest docbook-xsl, install the ldp.xsl,
> and then test the various pages to see if the HTML generation actually
> works... and then, of course, fix it and roll a new ldp.xsl that can be
> referenced off of:
>
>   http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/usingldpxsl.html
>
> The thing is... it can no longer be me.  I'm no longer working with
> DocBook on a daily basis (or even doing documentation) and I simply
> have no cycles to do much of anything to help out.
>
> As that page in the LAG indicates, ldp-print.xsl also needs work as it
> has never been touched.  The idea was to give it the print options similar
> to what is in ldp.dsl.
>
> Anyway, the stylesheets need to be updated... and we need someone to
> do it.
>
> Regards,
> Dan

Dan,

I have only been working with docbook XSLT for a very short time, but I
would be willing to take a stab at updating the ldp-html.xsl files.  If
you have any notes or references lying around, please send them to me.
I would be especially interested in a short description of the process
you used to translate from dsl to xsl.  Anything would be helpful.
Otherwise I've got a steep learning curve ahead of me.

Dave