docbook: Thread: Re: OpenJade, DSSL, and DTD

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: OpenJade, DSSL, and DTD
From: "Tabatha Persad" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Apr 2002 04:14:20 -0000

I think you may have the syntax wrong... here's what I tried:

(this is all one string but email makes it look weird)

openjade -t rtf -d /usr/local/sgml/dsssl/docbook/print/ldp.dsl#print
/usr/local/sgml/dsssl/docbook/dtds/decls/docbook.dcl test.sgml

And my test.rtf displayed fine in Word.

What you are saying is that "-t rtf" is the output you want to have.  You
will notice I did not use your "-i" switch in mine.  Then you will see that
after "ldp.dsl" it shows "#print".  If you used the reference from Jim
Weller that means everything is in the same place as mine.  The 2nd path in
the above statement shows that you want to use the docbook.dcl.

This is covered in Jim Weller's HOWTO in Section 5.2.

Try that and see if your output turns out right.  We have the same config,
so I believe it's the statement you used.

Please let me know the outcome!

Tabatha

From: "Tabatha Persad" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Apr 2002 04:34:46 -0000

EXCELLENT news!

In case you're interested, I sent email to Jim Weller with big thank yous
and kudos for writing such a wonderful quick start.  I think he definitely
deserves credit for making it easier for us!

For readers of this forum, his link again:
http://www.jimweller.net/jim/dbxmlqs/index.html - Called "DocBook XML 4.1.2
Quick Start Guide", this guide also covers sgml.

Happy writing!

Tabatha

> Thank you so much....... now i can get back to writing the documents... :)
>
> Saqib Ali
> =======================
> "Do you believe in intuition?" "No, but I have a strange feeling that
> someday I will."
>

>                     "Tabatha
>                     Persad"              To:     ####@####.####
>                     <tabatha3@att        cc:     ####@####.####
>                     bi.com>              Subject:     Re: OpenJade, DSSL,
and DTD

>                     04/11/2002
>                     09:17 PM
>

> I think you may have the syntax wrong... here's what I tried:
>
> (this is all one string but email makes it look weird)
>
> openjade -t rtf -d /usr/local/sgml/dsssl/docbook/print/ldp.dsl#print
> /usr/local/sgml/dsssl/docbook/dtds/decls/docbook.dcl test.sgml
>
> And my test.rtf displayed fine in Word.
>
> What you are saying is that "-t rtf" is the output you want to have.  You
> will notice I did not use your "-i" switch in mine.  Then you will see
that
> after "ldp.dsl" it shows "#print".  If you used the reference from Jim
> Weller that means everything is in the same place as mine.  The 2nd path
in
> the above statement shows that you want to use the docbook.dcl.
>
> This is covered in Jim Weller's HOWTO in Section 5.2.
>
> Try that and see if your output turns out right.  We have the same config,
> so I believe it's the statement you used.
>
> Please let me know the outcome!
>
> Tabatha

DSSL,