docbook: Thread: DocBook XML & Norm's XSL stylesheets cont.

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: DocBook XML & Norm's XSL stylesheets cont.
From: Dan Scott ####@####.####
Date: 21 May 2001 03:23:15 -0000

To recap: the results of converting DocBook XML transformed by Norm
Walsh's experimental stylesheets into HTML were quite good. The direct XML
-> PDF transform wasn't so good.

The good news is that the XML -> HTML (via Norm's XSL stylesheets) -> PDF
(via HTMLDOC 1.8.12) is quite good. Still have to preprocess the HTML to
pretty usable. Some weirdness with ordered lists, I think; but I wouldn't
be embarassed handing the resulting output to a co-worker, at least.

--
Dan Scott