docbook: Thread: Re: revision history in DocBook 's

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: revision history in DocBook 's
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Mar 2001 20:35:31 -0000

FYI...

This has been implemented in ldp.dsl. The <revhistory> is now
displayed for those documents with a top-level container
element of <book>

See  (republished) - http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/

r,
Ferg

From: Dan York ####@####.####
Date: 30 Mar 2001 15:56:59 -0000

Ferg,

> See  (republished) - http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/

Just a minor note... we might not have the absolute latest copy of
this doc... I went to the author's site (looking for the SGML code)
and noticed that the version he has at his site:

  http://gear.torque.net/scsi/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/

has a notice about it being licensed under the GFDL.  On the
introduction page it indicates that it was build on March 29th.

Regards,
Dan
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Mar 2001 16:04:07 -0000

On Mar 30, 10:49am, Dan York wrote:
> Subject: Re: revision history in DocBook <book>'s
> Ferg,
>
> > See  (republished) - http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/
>
> Just a minor note... we might not have the absolute latest copy of
> this doc... I went to the author's site (looking for the SGML code)
> and noticed that the version he has at his site:
>
>   http://gear.torque.net/scsi/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/
>
> has a notice about it being licensed under the GFDL.  On the
> introduction page it indicates that it was build on March 29th.

AFAIK that's the one we are using, unless he did some minor
tweaks to it. I published it on Monday or Tuesday. Yes, it now
is under the GFDL - http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/ln27.html
From: Dan York ####@####.####
Date: 30 Mar 2001 16:21:47 -0000

Ferg,

> AFAIK that's the one we are using, unless he did some minor
> tweaks to it. I published it on Monday or Tuesday. Yes, it now
> is under the GFDL - http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/ln27.html

Ahhh... the issue must be that whatever stylesheet the author is using
puts the <legalnotice> on the intro page, while the one your are using
puts it on a separate page.  Understood.

Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        ####@####.####
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Mar 2001 16:23:52 -0000

On Mar 30, 11:21am, Dan York wrote:
> Subject: Re: revision history in DocBook <book>'s
> Ferg,
>
> > AFAIK that's the one we are using, unless he did some minor
> > tweaks to it. I published it on Monday or Tuesday. Yes, it now
> > is under the GFDL -
> > http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/SCSI-2.4-HOWTO/ln27.html
>
> Ahhh... the issue must be that whatever stylesheet the author is using
> puts the <legalnotice> on the intro page, while the one your are using
> puts it on a separate page.  Understood.

from ldp.dsl -

   (define %generate-legalnotice-link%
    ;; put the legal notice in a separate file
    #t)

for those keeping score at home ;-)

--
Ferg