docbook: ldp-author-tools RPM package

Subject: ldp-author-tools RPM package
From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Nov 2003 19:07:53 -0000

Hello, all:

Intentionally cross-posted to discuss list and docbook list. Bear with me.

I have received a response from Tom "Spot" Callaway ####@####.####
who says he will help me put together an ldp-author-tools RPM package to
make it easier for those people running Red Hat, Fedora, Mandrake, or other
RPM-based distros to set up a comfortable working environment in which to
create documentation for LDP. I would like your input as to the contents of
this package, please.

As I see it, there are two important aspects to this: which files the RPM
package contains, and on which packages it depends. The following is my
first stab at it, based on my currently functional RHL-9 system (of course
version numbers would need to be adjusted for other versions of RHL or
Fedora or whatever, but I gotta start somewhere):

Files
=====
/usr/local/ldp-author-tools/
/usr/local/ldp-author-tools/README
/usr/local/ldp-author-tools/LDP-Author-Guide.html
/usr/local/ldp-author-tools/makeoutput.sh
/usr/local/ldp-author-tools/input/sgml/
/usr/local/ldp-author-tools/input/xml/
/usr/local/ldp-author-tools/output/
/usr/local/ldp-author-tools/output/html-single/
/usr/local/ldp-author-tools/output/html-multiple/
/usr/local/ldp-author-tools/output/pdf/
/usr/local/ldp-author-tools/stylesheets/1.18/ldp.dsl

Dependencies
============
docbook-dtds-1.0-17
docbook-style-dsssl-1.76-8
docbook-style-xsl-1.58.1-2
docbook-utils-0.6.12-5
libxml2-2.5.4-1
libxslt-1.0.27-3
openjade-1.3.1-12
sgml-common-0.6.3-14
xml-common-0.6.3-14

Did I miss anything? The theory here is to have a one-line command like
"up2date ldp-author-tools" which will install a few files (just enough of
an environment to allow for easy manipulation of documents) and the
packages required to manage them.

Comments, feedback? When we agree on what is necessary, I'll give the list
to Spot and get him to build our first RPM.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz