docbook: in

Subject: Re: in
From: Bob Stayton ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jul 2003 16:46:03 -0000

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 12:30:06PM +0200, Alasdair Hatfield wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am puzzled and hoping for enlightenment as to why the following code will
> not display the graphic. If I take the mediaobject outside articleinfo and
> put it for example inside a sect1 space then the graphic is displayed
> correctly. It doesn't even display the phrase as if mediaobject is not
> recognised within articleinfo although the docbook ref manual says it should
> be. I also tried artheader but with similar results.
>

> <articleinfo>
>   <mediaobject>
>     <imageobject>
>       <imagedata fileref="figures/picture.jpg" format="JPG"/>
>     </imageobject>
>     <textobject>
>       <phrase>GRAPHIC</phrase>
>     </textobject>
>   </mediaobject>
>   <title>App Note</title>
>   <subtitle>Template</subtitle>
> </articleinfo>
>

> Any ideas?

If you are using the XSL stylesheets (not DSSSL), then
the problem you are having is with the titlepage mechanism.

By default, mediaobject is not included in the titlepage,
probably because everyone would want it located in
different places relative to the text.  You can add
it to the titlepage for your articles by customizing
the titlepage spec file and including a regenerated
titlepage xsl module in a stylesheet customization layer.
See this reference for more information on how to
do that:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html#HTMLTitlePage