docbook: Updated XSL Stylesheets

Subject: Re: Updated XSL Stylesheets
From: "David Horton" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jul 2003 13:00:20 -0000

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:

> > time and inclination to do this and can send me your findings it would
> > be appreciated.  If it turns out that the docbook-xsl stylesheets are
> > the cause I would suggest that we address our concerns to the people
> > maintaining them.
>
> Sure, I can give it a whirl and let you know what I find. I'll send stuff
> through to the list. At a very quick glance it looks like there's at least
> a few things in the tldp files that can be cleaned up. Should I go ahead
> and make the changes and post them on a site somewhere for others to look
> at?

Yes, I would love to see them cleaned up.  However, I have a feeling
that a lot of the use of older tags is due to the docbook-xsl
stylesheets.  It seems like the tldp-xsl files just tweak variables and
settings.

> > In the end I'd love to see these stylesheets be able to turn out nice
> > looking valid HTML 4.0, but right now I'm just happy to see text other
> > than Saxon's error messages.
>
> Definitely no error messages with xsltproc...now it just looks like a
> matter of tweaking the configuration to suit my snobby HTML requirements.
> :)

Were you able to get the older ldp-xsl stylesheets to work without
errors?  I was under the impression that they were broken.  At least I
could never get them to work with Saxon before making the changes.

Thanks for offering your assistance on this.

Dave