docbook: Is there a built-in macro that references the current chapter?

Subject: Is there a built-in macro that references the current chapter?
From: David Horton ####@####.####
Date: 16 May 2003 21:32:01 -0000

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to reference a chapter number using an
ampersand macro or entity.  (Please excuse me if I butcher the
terminology here.)  Specifically, I would like to be able to say
something like this in my document:  "Save your file as:
Ch&chap;-file.txt" where &chap; will magically turn into the current
chapter number giving "Ch2-file.txt" for example.  I know that I could
define &chap somewhere, but it seems like I might be able to use some
sort of predefined chapter counting macro from the output processor.  My
reasoning being that I end up with chapter number on my HTML output file
when I never defined any specific numbers in the original XML.  Does
anyone know what this macro might be called?

Dave