docbook: Shot in the dark for an Emacs/PSGML question...

Subject: Shot in the dark for an Emacs/PSGML question...
From: Tabatha Persad ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jan 2003 05:52:20 -0000

Hey all,

I'm having major struggles in Emacs, and not sure what happened.  I just
recently did an install of RedHat 8.0, so I have Emacs 21.2.1 and PSGML
1.2.3-5.

Recently, I had done a boo-boo thing and had a remote session going,
because I was logged on my local machine, at the same time,  as the same
user.  The reason I say this is it's the only weird thing that recently
happened.

Before my machine became hexed, when I loaded an SGML or XML file into
Emacs, PSGML was automatically loaded (I have it set in my .emacs file),
but now I get the following error, and no PSGML tools:

File mode specification error: (error "Substituting nonexistent
environment variable \"\"")

Has anyone run into this before?  I've tried removing all my .emacs
files, removing Emacs & PSGML packages and reinstalling them, but still
the error persists (even tried removing the dot files, but doesn't
help).

Are there any users of this combination that can tell me what might be
wrong?  I am truly at a loss, and frustrated because the tools won't
load!

Thanks in advance for anything you can think of!

Tabatha

--
Tabatha Persad
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com