docbook: Having troubles converting to html

Subject: Re: Having troubles converting to html
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Oct 2002 20:34:36 -0000

On Oct 5,  8:48am, Rachel Collins wrote:
> Subject: Re: Having troubles converting to html
> On Sat, 05 Oct 2002 04:03:01 -0500
> "Gabriel Sechan" ####@####.#### wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to set up my environment to use docbook, and I'm
> > having trouble.  If someone here can help me, I'd be greatful.
> >
> > I have openjade installed, and it seems to be working.  I
> > downloaded bocbk41.zip and unzipped it to /usr/lib/sgml.  I
> > then ran the command:
> >
> > openjade -t html file.sgml
> >
> > I ended up with a screen full of error.  file.sgml is the big
> > sgml example from the resources page.  Can someone tell me what
> > I'm doing wrong?
>
> I'm no expert, but the command that works for me is a bit more
> complicated than the one you have listed here:
>
> jade -t sgml -i html -d
> /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/ldp/ldp.dsl#html
> file.sgml
>
> You will have to change the directory listing above to match the
> one that contains your files.  You may also have to make
> adjustments to make it work with openjade instead of jade.  I
> don't know.  As I said, I'm no expert.  Hope this helps, though.

Then the individual also has to download and use the tailored
stylesheet (from us/LDP), which wasn't initially mentioned.  The
"vanilla"  dsssl styles should work. Anyway, try looking
at the DOCTYPE line as I mentioned and also try the extra
command-line options, as Rachel pointed out:

  jade -t sgml -i html file.sgml

--
r,
Ferg