docbook: Re: Strange/buggy SGML export using LyX - qoutes

Subject: Re: Strange/buggy SGML export using LyX - qoutes
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jan 2002 19:36:12 -0000

On Jan 30,  7:43pm, Peter Bieringer wrote:
> Subject: Re: Strange/buggy SGML export using LyX - qoutes
>

> --On Wednesday, January 30, 2002 08:53:41 AM -0800 Gregory Leblanc

> >> Oh sorry, there was a mismatch, you're right, they are understand
> >> by Jade but the generated HTML code is strange and not understood
> >> by some browsers.
> >>
> >> Example:
> > [snip]
> >
> > Ahh, ok, that makes sense.  Hmm, I wonder if there's a flag that
> > you can toggle for that in the stylesheets...
>
> If so, Greg Ferguson be notified about this how to do (I've reported
> already the problem, but he had no solution until now).

That's not a solution, just something to check on ;-). Actually, I
did check for that and unless I missed something, I found no
such flag or mapping. There's a 'dingbat' mapping function in the
DSSSL html stylesheets, but I'm not entirely sure how it works or
gets called.

I could tweak the entity file(s) to map ldquo/rdquo to quot, but
I'm not sure that's the right thing to do. I'm open to other suggestions
or ideas.

--
Ferg