discuss: Thread: updated plan of action for TLDP improvement(s)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: updated plan of action for TLDP improvement(s)
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Mar 2016 19:22:20 +0100

Hello all,

At the end of January I posted a list describing the work I had on
plan.  Here's a new list to replace my old list, which has now been
substantially resolved.

  0. finish the activation of http://www.tldp.org/en/ and kick off
     the resumption of routine document acceptance and review

  1. metadata: provide manual or partially-automated indexing,
     categorizing and/or presentation of our documents

  2. website content: improve the manageability of our static content

  3. output formats: add .epub (for as many source formats as feasible)

  4. archive:  build up an annotated or curated listing of the contents
     of our archive, e.g. sag, khg, users-guide, old Linux Gazette issues

At this point, I'm committing only to step 0. and 1., metadata
handling (of some sort).  The other needs could be taken up by other
volunteers or can hang out waiting there for a while.

That's all for now,

-Martin

--
Martin A. Brown