discuss: Thread: Linux User Group HOWTO v. 1.8.5 ready

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Linux User Group HOWTO v. 1.8.5 ready
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 25 Feb 2016 12:29:54 +0000

Good folks, I have a major revamp of HOWTO ready for the submission
process.

http://linuxmafia.com/lug/User-Group-HOWTO.sgml

This is Linuxdoc SGML, selected by original author Kendall Grant Clark
back in 1997.  I've verified clean parsing of this revision.
HTML output here:  http://linuxmafia.com/lug/User-Group-HOWTO.html

Licence has been modified slightly on this release from the prior
CC BY-SA 3.0, to CC BY-SA 4.0 (current revision).  CC BY-SA is listed as
an accepted licence on http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence ,
and I doubt the revamped licence text would create any problme.  (If
LDP has a problem with 4.0, I will back-rev that.)

I hope someone will do me the courtesy of picking up the SGML file and
feeding it into GitHub.  Please advise.  Thank you!

--
Cheers,                  QA engineer walks into a bar.  Orders a beer.
Rick Moen                Orders 0 beers.  Orders 999999999 beers.  Orders
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 25 Feb 2016 16:44:50 +0000

Greetings Rick,

>Good folks, I have a major revamp of HOWTO ready for the submission
>process.
>
>http://linuxmafia.com/lug/User-Group-HOWTO.sgml
>
>This is Linuxdoc SGML, selected by original author Kendall Grant Clark
>back in 1997.  I've verified clean parsing of this revision.
>HTML output here:  http://linuxmafia.com/lug/User-Group-HOWTO.html
>
>Licence has been modified slightly on this release from the prior
>CC BY-SA 3.0, to CC BY-SA 4.0 (current revision).  CC BY-SA is listed as
>an accepted licence on http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence ,
>and I doubt the revamped licence text would create any problme.  (If
>LDP has a problem with 4.0, I will back-rev that.)
>
>I hope someone will do me the courtesy of picking up the SGML file and
>feeding it into GitHub.  Please advise.  Thank you!

I grabbed your revision, updated the document and committed to
GitHub.

N.B. Still do not have the publication working, so the tldp.org site
will not reflect the content update until that is done.  But, I do
hope to have a status update about progress and a possible schedule
before the middle of next week.

Thank you for the update,

-Martin

--