discuss: Thread: Serial-Programming-HOWTO was [Re: automatic submission? Serial Programming ...]

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Serial-Programming-HOWTO was [Re: automatic submission? Serial Programming ...]
From: "Martin A. Brown" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Feb 2016 17:16:32 +0000

Greetings David,

>>Two are by someone who refused about 15 years ago to submit them to
>>LDP due to his dislike of LinuxDoc (It couldn't print italics where
>>he wanted it).  And when it was suggested he use docbook, he became
>>outraged after looking at docbook complications.
>
>OK.
>
>>I've put his files on my website and they get high traffic.  They
>>are on programming the serial port which is widely used today for
>>imbedded devices. I'm not taking over maintenance of these files
>>and am not submitting them in my own name.  We will then have 2
>>howtos of the same name except I'll ask to add "-old" to the old
>>one which has some important info not in the newer how-to (but
>>overall, the newer one is better).  The author told me in an email
>>to go ahead and submit them to LDP if I wanted to.  Someone needs
>>to merge them who understands serial programming.
>

>I can easily (and would happily) handle the mechanical aspect of
>renaming and committing the documents, if you would like.  Just let
>me know where to get the source or send it to me.

LDP-relevant submission points:
-------------------------------
Thank you!  I have received the Serial-Programming-1.HOWTO that you
mentioned.  This says that it is Part 1 of 2.  Do you have Part 2 of
2, also?  If you can send me Part 2, then I'll add it to the
repository.

Half-duplex communication problem:
----------------------------------
Unfortunately, I'm replying on the discuss list because I am unable
to email you directly.  Since I have been sending to the discuss
list and copying your email address, I have been receiving bounces
sent to your lafn.org address.  Last month, I followed the
instructions [0], contacting ####@####.#### when the
lafn.org MX (108.92.93.122) refused to accept mail from
64.22.109.0/24 (my MTA's prefix).  I heard nothing in reply and the
status is unchanged.

Until that little hitch is repaired, I'll not be able to email you
privately.  Do you have an alternate mechanism for communication
with the Los Angeles Free-Net mail administrators?

Best regards,

-Martin

 [0] http://www.lafn.org/blockedmail.html.

--