discuss: Thread: Ext4-Migration-HOWTO Announce

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Ext4-Migration-HOWTO Announce
From: Dimitris Karagasidis ####@####.####
Date: 8 Feb 2009 18:14:49 +0000

Hello,

I would like to announce the creation of a HOWTO on migration from ext3 file
system to the new ext4 file system, since it is *stable
enough*<http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=03010a3350301baac2154fa66de925ae2981b7e3>and
is not considered as "experimental" in the latest stable version of
the
Linux kernel (which is 2.6.28.4 by the time I write this message), any more.

Karagasidis Dimitris
Subject: Re: [discuss] Ext4-Migration-HOWTO Announce
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Feb 2009 18:46:29 +0000

Dimitris Karagasidis a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I would like to announce the creation of a HOWTO on migration from ext3 file
> system to the new ext4 file system, since it is *stable
> enough*<http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=03010a3350301baac2154fa66de925ae2981b7e3>and
> is not considered as "experimental" in the latest stable version of
> the
> Linux kernel (which is 2.6.28.4 by the time I write this message), any more.
>

> Karagasidis Dimitris

Dimitris is ready to work on this on the wiki as he said on personal mail.

It's probably a very good idea, as ext4 is long awaited and will
certainly be a gret subject of discussion on the next weeks :-)

thanks, Dimitris
jdd

--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project