discuss: Thread: wiki HOWTO template

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: wiki HOWTO template
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Feb 2009 19:19:10 +0000

I try to make the HOWTO use on the wiki as obvious as possible. For
this, I added a "quick start" section on top of the front page to
direct users to the HOWTOs (probably they first interest) and changed
the HOWTOTemplate

http://wiki.tldp.org/HOWTOTemplate

here an example:

http://wiki.tldp.org/Masquerading-Simple-HOWTO

The goal is that any wiki visitor should be able to find not only the
wiki variant, probably work in progress, but also the stable one. I
plan to make page with only the link for any HOWTO not yet converted
to have a Page_Status complete index

of course all this is new and probably buggy :-(

jdd
--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org
From: "Gerardo E. Arnaez" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Feb 2009 20:17:33 +0000

Hi
I'm gerardo arnaez.
I written a few howtos and don't know the status or plans for them.
Thanks for your time,

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Feb 2009 20:53:59 +0000

Gerardo E. Arnaez a écrit :
> Hi
> I'm gerardo arnaez.
> I written a few howtos and don't know the status or plans for them.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Medicine-HOWTO/ is GPL, no
problem, but pretty old (2004?)

In fact you have a large choice :-). Continue maintaining your HOWTO
(need revision :-) with the old tools (docbook or linuxdoc) or port it
to the wiki and edit it there (after what it can be updated in the LDP
collection easily).

In the latter case, I can convert it to the wiki for you (rough
convert, need editing)

we hope you can keep the HOWTOs uptodate, but porting it to the wiki
may make the updating easier.

I see also your signature on sevral copies of LDP weekly news, but
these need revival :-)

thanks

jdd

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Feb 2009 08:07:30 +0000

Gerardo E. Arnaez a écrit :
> go ahead and convert it and send me the link

For any unknown reason, I don't find the source in the LDP CVS, so I
convert directly from the single page html version.

http://wiki.tldp.org/Medicine-HOWTO

I didn't have already time to read the page :-(, so may be there are
conversion errors. Feel free to ask if any problem :-)

thanks
jdd

From: "Gerardo E. Arnaez" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Feb 2009 18:30:52 +0000

where is the link to read about the process of using the wiki

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Feb 2009 18:43:31 +0000

Gerardo E. Arnaez a écrit :
> where is the link to read about the process of using the wiki

look at the members pages and at the authors pages (main wiki menu).
Please make any remark here, we are in the process of setting up the
documentation and we don't know exactly what the users need :-)

jdd