discuss: Thread: help to generate HTML from SGML

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: help to generate HTML from SGML
From: Fernando Boaglio ####@####.####
Date: 1 Jan 2009 06:23:41 +0000

Hi,

I have finally finished my translation and now I would like to generate the HTML output.

The document is pretty old, this is its header:

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">

I tried with openjade without success:

[fb@cascao howto]$ openjade -V nochunks -t sgml -i html -d /home/fb/workspace/howto/bkp/HOWTO/ldp.dsl#html -E 2  /home/fb/workspace/howto/linux-gamers-howto-br.sgml > linux-gamers-howto-br.html
openjade:/home/fb/workspace/howto/linux-gamers-howto-br.sgml:33:0:E: character data is not allowed here
openjade:/home/fb/workspace/howto/linux-gamers-howto-br.sgml:34:0:E: character data is not allowed here
openjade:I: maximum number of errors (2) reached; change with -E option
[fb@cascao howto]$

Is there any easy way to convert this?

Thanks and happy 2009! =)

 []'s
Fernando Boaglio

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [discuss] help to generate HTML from SGML
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Jan 2009 10:43:41 +0000

Fernando Boaglio a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have finally finished my translation and now I would like to generate the HTML output.
>
> The document is pretty old, this is its header:

could you remind me what is the source document, I could try it here

thanks
jdd

--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org
From: Fernando Boaglio ####@####.####
Date: 1 Jan 2009 17:16:14 +0000

>>> The document is pretty old, this is its header:

> could you remind me what is the source document, I could try it here

At LDP we have this one:

http://cvs.tldp.org/go.to/LDP/LDP/howto/docbook/Linux-Gamers-HOWTO.sgml?revision=1.24&content-type=text%2Fplain

But the author maintains this one:

http://lgh.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lgh/LG-HOWTO/

 I've noticied the header is a little different (DocBook version 4.2 instead of 3.1), so I tried again and got these errors now:

[fb@cascao howto]$ openjade -V nochunks -t sgml -i html -d /home/fb/workspace/howto/bkp/HOWTO/ldp.dsl#html -E 5 /home/fb/workspace/howto/linux-gamers-howto-br.sgml > linux-gamers-howto-br.html
openjade:/home/fb/workspace/howto/linux-gamers-howto-br.sgml:2:57:W: cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.2//EN"
openjade:/home/fb/workspace/howto/linux-gamers-howto-br.sgml:2:57:E: reference to entity "ARTICLE" for which no system identifier could be generated
openjade:/home/fb/workspace/howto/linux-gamers-howto-br.sgml:2:0: entity was defined here
openjade:/home/fb/workspace/howto/linux-gamers-howto-br.sgml:2:57:E: DTD did not contain element declaration for document type name
openjade:/home/fb/workspace/howto/linux-gamers-howto-br.sgml:30:8:E: element "ARTICLE" undefined
openjade:/home/fb/workspace/howto/linux-gamers-howto-br.sgml:32:10:E: element "ARTHEADER" undefined
openjade:/home/fb/workspace/howto/linux-gamers-howto-br.sgml:34:13:E: element "TITLE" undefined
openjade:I: maximum number of errors (5) reached; change with -E option
[fb@cascao howto]$