discuss: Thread: Re: intro - joe command reference

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [discuss] intro - joe command reference
From: Paul Sutton ####@####.####
Date: 5 Jan 2009 11:56:31 +0000

jdd for http://tldp.org wrote:
> Paul Sutton a écrit :
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am paul, a few years I wrote a command reference for the joe text
>> editor looking at the ldp project its still there at
>>
>> http://tldp.org/REF/Joe-Command-Reference/index.html
>>

> good, thanks.
>

>> It seems rather out of date, I have re-done it with lyx, so its in LaTeX
>> format, for version 3.5 which is the one that comes with ubuntu 8.10.
>>
>> I would like to submit this so the site is more up to date,
>>

> you have a lot of options. The main ones are:
>
> * port your doc to the wiki. We can help you to do so. There you will
> ba able to maintain it at will. I don't know if you are cinfident with
> such CMS.
>
> * use LyX to produce sgml (linuxdoc) source document. I yet have to
> figure out exactly what is the tool chain used by the LDP to manage
> this. Certainly submitting through the submit list. David may say if
> we use the sgml2xml script to make docbook or some other one.
>  I used LyX like this some years ago, and it was not that easy to
> create locally (on my computer) all the files (for test purpose)
> anyway, the LDP only needs sgml file.
>
> * I don't know (but would like to know) if LyX is able to give docbook
> source.
>
> Please don't worry to ask for help, we are on the way of clearing out
> the LDP procedures and this a very good example :-)
>
> thanks again
> jdd
>
> NB: This seems pretty recent:
> http://www.karakas-online.de/mySGML/book1.html

Further to my previous mail I have put what I have so far on to my
website at www.zleap.net under downloads, then under a tldp directory,

I need to figure out docbook but perhaps before then work out how to
create the document so it all fits on a4 landscape so it looks like some
of the guides out there, as the one I have for TeX all fits on to A4 as
a double sided landscape document and looks really nice.

Hope this helps

Paul

--
Paul Sutton