discuss: Thread: SSL-Certificates-HOWTO

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: SSL-Certificates-HOWTO
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Dec 2008 17:04:37 +0000

Dear LDP Author

AFAIK, you are the author of the SSL-Certificates-HOWTO. Good :-).

Somebody just post to us a message quoting a very small typo in an URL.

However, this HOWTO don't have any licence (or I don't have found it
:-(), so we don't have any permission to modify the document. Waiting
for your answer, I just openned a page in our wiki:

http://wiki.tldp.org/SSL-Certificates-HOWTO

As you may see, we are on the way of re-organising the Linux
Documentation Project.

You have a lot of options, if you dare answer us:

* continue to update the HOWTO yourself as usual, with docbook or linuxdoc
* continue to update the HOWTO yourself and use the wiki, we will be
glad to show you what is needed (very little)

In fact, we hope you will choose one of these two solutions :-)

*You can also say you don't want anymore to maintain the HOWTO and
give it a new licence allowing somebody else to take the job. Any of
the licences here http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence are allowed.

*You can even say you don't want to change anything and let the HOWTO
as it is in the given wiki page (please don't :-().

Sincerely
jdd (LDP coordinator)
--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org

Subject: Re: SSL-Certificates-HOWTO
From: Franck Martin ####@####.####
Date: 5 Dec 2008 17:54:56 +0000

I like the wiki update what shall I do?

Toute connaissance est une réponse à une question

Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: SSL-Certificates-HOWTO
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Dec 2008 19:10:13 +0000

Franck Martin a écrit :
> I like the wiki update what shall I do?
>
> Toute connaissance est une réponse à une question

are you french (me too)?

the http://wiki.tldp.org/WikiAuthorGuide

is mostly aimed to first time writers, but all the info is in.

On summary, simply connect to the wiki (get an account) and give me
your account here;

say also if you want to be the only one to write to the HOWTO
(possible, but probably not very usefull) or if you want to open it to
every body, as I can set the permissions accordingly.

then, the first step is to choose a licence, any of these
http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence allows editing.

Then you can begin writing.

As soon as you are satisfied by the doc, write here to say so if you
want a review (always a good idea).

The final document have to be rendered to docbook ("action, render to
docbook" in the wiki menu) and send to the submit list as usual.

welcome (back :-)
jdd