discuss: Thread: mirror problems related to tldp config

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: mirror problems related to tldp config
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Dec 2008 08:47:09 +0000

Hello,

We have two kind of mirror problems, related probably with apache configs:

* On this page http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/text/ (and some others,
probably), the index file is upper case (INDEX.html) and is not seen,
and many servers don't allow reading a raw directory and return error
403. Is this index generated by a script? don't looks like (it's dated
2004), but should as the content is text HOWTOs and can change. It
should be added at all folder listings

* http://tldp.org/linuxfocus/index.shtml is a "shtml" file, many
servers don't allow ssi. I yet have to investigate to see if it's
possible to make statics these (old) pages

any help?

jdd
--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org

From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 3 Dec 2008 09:00:31 +0000

On the page:

http://tldp.org/docs.html#howto

the "multiple pages" link send to
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html, wich returns, in fact ,
the relevant page of the LDP HOWTO index
(http://tldp.amorphis.eu/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/)

This is a very good idea. However, this document is dated v9.0,
2005-12-29. In fact it's only the index index file that is out of
date, not the content.

http://cvs.tldp.org/go.to/LDP/LDP/howto/docbook/HOWTO-INDEX/

Indexing the tldp folders could usefully be done using this HOWTO
index folder (and each HOWTO format folder can have an index that link
to the relevant page).

I don't know a simple way to update automatically the classified
pages, though

jdd
--

Subject: Re: [discuss] mirror problems related to tldp config
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Dec 2008 09:24:24 +0000

jdd for http://tldp.org a écrit :

> * http://tldp.org/linuxfocus/index.shtml is a "shtml" file, many
> servers don't allow ssi. I yet have to investigate to see if it's
> possible to make statics these (old) pages

the ssi calls a perl script:

# This program is executed from a serverside include to insert
automatically
# links to the different languages an articel is availabe in.
# The link is inserted if the file exists in that language and the
# size is bigger than 2Kb.
#

is this important enough to ask mirrors to allow ssi (and perl!)??

jdd

From: Mail Lists ####@####.####
Date: 3 Dec 2008 17:31:10 +0000

On Wednesday 03 December 2008 08:45:51 jdd for http://tldp.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have two kind of mirror problems, related probably with apache configs:
>
> * On this page http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/text/ (and some others,
> probably), the index file is upper case (INDEX.html) and is not seen,
> and many servers don't allow reading a raw directory and return error
> 403. Is this index generated by a script? don't looks like (it's dated
> 2004), but should as the content is text HOWTOs and can change. It
> should be added at all folder listings

In addition on the same site (and many other sites with similar problems) the
following pages produce the same error (forbidden);
http://tldp.amorphis.eu/HOWTO/html_single/
http://tldp.amorphis.eu/HOWTO/archived/

HTH
Allister

Subject: Re: mirror problems related to tldp config
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 3 Dec 2008 18:17:24 +0000

Mail Lists a écrit :

> In addition on the same site (and many other sites with similar problems) the

I think the error is understood. Some pages asks for special server
feature not available anywhere.

I work to remove these problems from out side

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org

Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: mirror problems related to tldp config
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Dec 2008 22:13:39 +0000

jdd a écrit :

> I work to remove these problems from out side

"our" side :-(

jdd