discuss: Thread: ldp graphic chart update

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: ldp graphic chart update
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Oct 2008 11:51:14 +0000

we can have help to make the LDP Web site more appealing. See below
the mail from Andrew.

We can have new graphics, logos (tldp and wiki), admonitions (special
ldp ones). giving credits seems normal

your ideas?
thanks
jdd
jdd,

Thanks for getting back to me again!  Thanks as well for the insite on
what you are looking for.  As far as the CSS goes, when we design the
images you can let us know which file type would be easiest for you to
implement into your CSS.  For example a JPG, or EPS file.

Discuss with your fellow members to get an idea of exactly what you
want.  Logos for tldp, and the wiki would not be a problem at all, and
I am sure that we can come up with something that will please you.

Let me know what specific graphics you mean on LDPmoinmoin.  Do you
mean the small graphics for the 5 different admonitions?

Will you be able to credit the work to us linking to our site on all
of these sites?  We do not ask for anything big, just something small,
and out of the way.

Talk with your team, and get back to me, and then I will have the
Graphic team here begin to get to work!

Thanks Again, and Looking Forward to Getting some Graphics to You,

Andrew

jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org
http://www.dodin.net

Subject: Re: [discuss] ldp graphic chart update
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 31 Oct 2008 23:07:00 +0000

What do you think about this theme:

http://moinmo.in/ThemeMarket/Explorer

the color is not the important part (easy to change), but the explorer
like left menu could be nice to browse the HOWTO collection

advices?

jdd

From: "Sergiusz Pawlowicz" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Nov 2008 23:49:52 +0000

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 7:09 PM, jdd for http://tldp.org ####@####.#### wrote:
> What do you think about this theme:
>
> http://moinmo.in/ThemeMarket/Explorer
>
> the color is not the important part (easy to change), but the explorer
> like left menu could be nice to browse the HOWTO collection
>
> advices?

sorry, frames are not acceptable.

--
"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have
to earn one's living at it" - Albert Einstein
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Nov 2008 07:18:17 +0000

Sergiusz Pawlowicz a écrit :

> sorry, frames are not acceptable.

really?

local reason or membership to the "frame is evil" association?

if we want to be html guru, the wiki is not the best thing:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.tldp.org%2F&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

but the static html id neither:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftldp.org%2F&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.591

I try to avoid frame as mich as possible, but as of wiki I use to let
wiki gurus make the work for me :-(

jdd
NB: the static pages have certainly to be fixed... may be only to old?

From: "Sergiusz Pawlowicz" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Nov 2008 12:57:44 +0000

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 7:16 AM, jdd for http://tldp.org ####@####.#### wrote:
> Sergiusz Pawlowicz a écrit :
>
>> sorry, frames are not acceptable.
>
> really?
>
> local reason or membership to the "frame is evil" association?

i've bought a lifetime membership!
it looks awful.