discuss: Thread: e-mail notification

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: e-mail notification
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 21 Nov 2008 12:13:32 +0000

Just a word to say the e-mail notification is working in our wiki.

Anybody, for example the author of one HOWTO, can be warned each time
a page is modified.

It's not only a tick box to clic (as in most forums), the user have to
copy the page name (wiki name, regular expression) on a form in his
account "notification" setup.

this is very handy. even for people not wanting to give edit rights
for they HOWTO in the wiki. We can setup a *discussion only* page (to
be referenced by the author in the HOWTO) where users can drop remarks
and fixes. We can even (only on demand) make these pages writable by
any visitor (ie without login), given somebody monitor them.

but I repeat, only on demand because this may give more work to fight spam

jdd
--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org