discuss: Thread: small home page change

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: small home page change
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Oct 2008 19:30:41 +0000

I made a small change to the ldp home page, adding a SSI include with
GMT time. I had to change html to shtml to make it work, so I had also
to change the original index.html page to a redirect just in case
somebody had indexed just this very adress

http://tldp.org/index.shtml

Normally this will make the date on the top right of the page *the
date at the time the page is read*.

The goal is to know the exact date mirrors have done they job...

May be I should add some text like "mirrorred at" or similar, but I
don't know what to use exactly. any clue?

thanks
jdd
--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org

Subject: Re: [discuss] small home page change
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Nov 2008 07:36:50 +0000

jdd for http://tldp.org a écrit :

> Normally this will make the date on the top right of the page *the
> date at the time the page is read*.

well. I was wrong. rsync don't read html, simply copy the file, so
this gives the mirror server date, not the tldp one :-(.
I still have to find a way to know if the mirrors work :-(
jdd