discuss: Thread: Localization

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [discuss] Localization
From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fabr=EDcio_Godoy?=" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Nov 2008 13:24:05 +0000

I don't found anywhere which documents are not translated and which are
translating.
I think that should be stored translated PO files to ease all translation
work cycle.

2008/11/3 jdd for http://tldp.org ####@####.####

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Nov 2008 15:55:08 +0000

Fabrício Godoy a écrit :

please, answer under the text you are responding to... I tried to
restore the logical way, but I'm not sure it's what you wanted

>> to come back to the original post...
>>
>> this proposed method uses a document centrered system, each document
>> link to the translations.
>>
>> LDP have many documents and uses an other system: a translation team
>> centered system, LDP links to the translation team, not to the
>> individual documents

> I don't found anywhere which documents are not translated and which are
> translating.
> I think that should be stored translated PO files to ease all
translation
> work cycle.

1) po files are aimed to translate *programms*, not document. With a
po file, any application can be localized.

2) please subscribe to the translation team of your langage,
translation have to ba done by native langage speaking (for example
from english to brazilian portuguese by brazilian people), so the
locval team is respon,sible of that.

Of course, if the local team don't anwser or is broken, we can supply
some help

here, see http://br.tldp.org/ or your own wiki.

else, be very precise about what the LDP should do in your opinion

thanks
jdd