discuss: Thread: slashdot

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: slashdot
From: John Peter Tapsell ####@####.####
Date: 6 Dec 2001 23:52:59 -0000

David,
  I like the way you handled it on /.  , gratz :)

JohnFlux
Subject: Re: slashdot
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 7 Dec 2001 02:53:26 -0000

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 11:52:55PM +0000, John Peter Tapsell wrote:
> David,
>   I like the way you handled it on /.  , gratz :)

Thank you, kind sir. It was a struggle not to bitch-slap some of those
idiots.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

Microsoft is like this intellectual roach motel: big brains go in and you
don't see anything come out."
	--Paul Saffo, Institute for the Future
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Dec 2008 07:46:24 +0000

Some weeks ago I tryed to publish a slashdot paper describing the new
LDP layout and asking for help.

The paper was rejected. Alas I dont't have a copy and don't find on
slashdot a way to find my submission (not important).

We need still volunteers.

Could somebody with slashdot knowledge make some paper in a slashdot
acceptable manner? any similar paper in linux forums would be also
appreciated

thanks
jdd
--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org

Subject: Re: [discuss] slashdot
From: Senthil Kumaran ####@####.####
Date: 2 Dec 2008 11:40:41 +0000

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 08:45:22AM +0100, jdd for http://tldp.org wrote:
> Some weeks ago I tryed to publish a slashdot paper describing the new
> LDP layout and asking for help.

Well, its is not slashdot paper. /. is the news for nerds and stuff
that matters.
The way to go about with it is first write an article on lwn.net or
linux.com or any other reputed Linux journal and then reference this
article at slashdot in a NEWS format and not neccessarily call for
help format.

Thanks,
Senthil