discuss: Thread: [limk to a porn site in our howto]

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: [limk to a porn site in our howto]
From: "Sergiusz Pawlowicz" ####@####.####
Date: 10 Oct 2008 13:09:01 +0100

hmm, what should we do?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ryan Cox
Date: Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 5:27 PM
Subject: general
To: ####@####.####

One of the sites linked to on a page now redirects to a porn site.
The site, ipmasq.cjb.net, is linked to several times at
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Masquerading-Simple-HOWTO/
Subject: Re: [discuss] [limk to a porn site in our howto]
From: mhydra ####@####.####
Date: 10 Oct 2008 13:13:00 +0100

I suppose, the best think we can do is to remove the link.

--
Svetoslav P. Chukov

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Sergiusz Pawlowicz ####@####.####

From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 11 Oct 2008 17:07:50 +0100

Sergiusz Pawlowicz a écrit :
> hmm, what should we do?

first remove this document from the collection - we should have some
way to keep it only for admin/volunteers,
second try to contat the author to see if the bad link is accidental
third see if we can fix the document with the author or without
him(licence depending)

this should be much easier when all will be in the wiki.

I hope g. Fergusson is listening - I think he reads the feedback list

I will verify this, but I just come back from two days trip, so have
to wait a little :-)

jdd
NB: procedure to write somewhere on the wiki

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org