discuss: Thread: howto for editors of previous documents

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: howto for editors of previous documents
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Oct 2008 14:37:59 +0100

needs addings and editings :-)

http://wiki.tldp.org/Editing LDP Documents HOWTO

thanks
jdd
--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org
http://www.dodin.net

From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 3 Oct 2008 14:54:04 +0100

copy/paste an url with blanks in the titler is not that easy in TB :-(

needs addings and editings :-)

http://wiki.tldp.org/Editing%20LDP%20Documents%20HOWTO

thanks
jdd
--

Subject: Re: [discuss] howto for editors of previous documents
From: Randy Kramer ####@####.####
Date: 3 Oct 2008 19:32:41 +0100

On Friday 03 October 2008 09:53 am, jdd wrote:
> http://wiki.tldp.org/Editing%20LDP%20Documents%20HOWTO

I just tried a rough, first draft of an alternative Editing
HOWTO--definitely not finished, maybe it will help, maybe it won't.

http://wiki.tldp.org/Editing LDP Documents HOWTO_new

Randy Kramer
--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 3 Oct 2008 19:40:42 +0100

Quoting Randy Kramer ####@####.####

> http://wiki.tldp.org/Editing LDP Documents HOWTO_new

This works:  http://wiki.tldp.org/Editing%20LDP%20Documents%20HOWTO_new

Might I recommend, in general, using underscores (or, as appropriate,
hyphens) in preference to space characters?

From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 3 Oct 2008 19:59:29 +0100

Randy Kramer a écrit :
> On Friday 03 October 2008 09:53 am, jdd wrote:
>> http://wiki.tldp.org/Editing%20LDP%20Documents%20HOWTO
>
> I just tried a rough, first draft of an alternative Editing
> HOWTO--definitely not finished, maybe it will help, maybe it won't.
>
> http://wiki.tldp.org/Editing LDP Documents HOWTO_new

I see no conflict between the two, we will certainly find a way to
merge them, but still waiting the other comments

just a note: I tried to set in my project a licence terms in favor of
the ldp. I don't know if it's useful or not, good or bad. comments needed

I try in most of the documents I write now to reflect more the LDP
feeling (expressed here) than my own. you are welcome to edits them at
will.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org
From: Randy Kramer ####@####.####
Date: 3 Oct 2008 20:34:19 +0100

On Friday 03 October 2008 02:40 pm, Rick Moen wrote:
> This works:
http://wiki.tldp.org/Editing%20LDP%20Documents%20HOWTO_new

Thanks!

> Might I recommend, in general, using underscores (or, as appropriate,
> hyphens) in preference to space characters?

Sure!

Randy Kramer
From: Randy Kramer ####@####.####
Date: 3 Oct 2008 20:55:37 +0100

On Friday 03 October 2008 02:58 pm, jdd wrote:
> I see no conflict between the two, we will certainly find a way to
> merge them,

Sure, if it helps! ;-)

> but still waiting the other comments

Yes, and maybe more discussion is required.

Randy Kramer