discuss: Thread: ask for help

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: ask for help
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 16 Sep 2008 19:20:42 +0100

Don't remember if I quoted this here:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-news-59/linux-documentation-project-ask-for-help-669964/

no answer yet, but it's only a beginning
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org
From: mhydra ####@####.####
Date: 16 Sep 2008 19:24:47 +0100

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:19 PM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:
> Don't remember if I quoted this here:
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-news-59/linux-documentation-project-ask-for-help-669964/
>
> no answer yet, but it's only a beginning
> jdd
> --

To be honest I did even receive that email. I suppose my spam filter
is too good. :)

mhydra
From: mhydra ####@####.####
Date: 16 Sep 2008 19:29:33 +0100

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:24 PM, mhydra ####@####.#### wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:19 PM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:
>> Don't remember if I quoted this here:
>>
>> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-news-59/linux-documentation-project-ask-for-help-669964/
>>
>> no answer yet, but it's only a beginning
>> jdd
>> --
>

> To be honest I did even receive that email. I suppose my spam filter
> is too good. :)
>
> mhydra

jdd, could we arrange something in the slashdot and digg?
That would be the best to do. But we have to to it not personally but
as a organization, as members of TLDP.
If you wish, let's first discuss that. We have a shot, let's try not to miss.
What do you think?

mhydra
From: "O.R.Senthil Kumaran" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Sep 2008 20:59:18 +0100

* scriptor mhydra, explico
> jdd, could we arrange something in the slashdot and digg?

I am +1 on that.. But how will you separate good volunteers from bad ones?
BTW, I am still a bad one, who tough has not done any harm, has not done any
good either.

--
O.R.Senthil Kumaran
http://uthcode.sarovar.org
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 16 Sep 2008 21:44:14 +0100

O.R.Senthil Kumaran a écrit :
> * scriptor mhydra, explico
>> jdd, could we arrange something in the slashdot and digg?
>
> I am +1 on that.. But how will you separate good volunteers from bad ones?
> BTW, I am still a bad one, who tough has not done any harm, has not done any
> good either.

there are no "bad" volunteers (it can happen, but is very rare). We
have the task list, and anyway most people can write to the wiki.

and we wont have so many voluteers :-)

I have somewhgere a ilst sent by Guylhem, I will write

I didn't do this earlier, because we have yet to know what we want to
do ourselve. We go ahead, but slowly.

the probably most important thing right now is to scan the HOWTOs,
look at the licence, write it's name to a wiki page and study to see
if we can copy the HOWTO to the wiki with write permission. the best
case is GFDL licenced document. Do we have a list? these one we can
make available.

jdd

From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Sep 2008 21:46:47 +0100

jdd a écrit :

sorry I'm tired :-(, too many typos! and I often forget to use my
special tldp identity :-(

--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org

From: mhydra ####@####.####
Date: 16 Sep 2008 22:34:29 +0100

That list? http://wiki.tldp.org/Page_Status
From: "Andrew M.A. Cater" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Sep 2008 23:38:17 +0100

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:43:37PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> O.R.Senthil Kumaran a écrit :
>> * scriptor mhydra, explico
>>> jdd, could we arrange something in the slashdot and digg?
>>
>> I am +1 on that.. But how will you separate good volunteers from bad ones?
>> BTW, I am still a bad one, who tough has not done any harm, has not done any
>> good either.
>>

> there are no "bad" volunteers (it can happen, but is very rare). We have
> the task list, and anyway most people can write to the wiki.

If anyone's looking for Martin Wheeler - he's hosting an art exhibition
in Wells, SW England. He may be back to his email when the exhibition's
over - or may not, if it goes well :)

Andy

Date: 17 Sep 2008 07:36:34 +0100

mhydra a écrit :

> That list? http://wiki.tldp.org/Page_Status

why not, if we add the licence and licence status (able to move to
gfdl, use on wiki allowed)

jdd