discuss: Thread: pending subjects

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: pending subjects
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Sep 2008 14:00:13 +0100

Hello,

We have to go ahead, so I will soon put the pending processes
(manifesto, licence...) in a new state, that is rexrite the page
according to your remarks, lock it and set a discussion page for later
change. I will also set a time limit for modification.

of course, all this will still be editable, but through this
discussion list. Any documented note is wellcome at any time.

thanks
jdd
--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org

From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 23 Sep 2008 09:49:49 +0100

Hello,

"We have to go ahead, so I will soon put the pending processes
(manifesto, licence...) in a new state, that is rewrite the page
according to your remarks, lock it and set a discussion page for later
change. I will also set a time limit for modification."

Done

time limit is set to october 15, 2008. After this date (or soon
after), the pages will be set write disabled (but, of course still
writable by admins, but only for typo fixing - such pages can't be
always modified!). The discussion page already exists, but it's better
to discuss before here.

I tried to keep the very minimum on the Manifesto
(http://wiki.tldp.org/Rewriting Manifesto) and the licence
(http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence) pages to make it easier
to part the important sections and the comments.

please, feel free to discuss anything and don't wait to fix ortograph
and typos :-))

I plan to ask main distributions advice before final closing. I have
connexions with openSUSE, can anybody do the same for Debian, Red Hat,
Mandriva....

http://wiki.tldp.org/Main%20distributions%20letter

jdd
--

Subject: Re: [discuss] pending subjects
From: mhydra ####@####.####
Date: 23 Sep 2008 10:24:07 +0100

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:49 AM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:
> Hello,
>
> "We have to go ahead, so I will soon put the pending processes
> (manifesto, licence...) in a new state, that is rewrite the page
> according to your remarks, lock it and set a discussion page for later
> change. I will also set a time limit for modification."
>
> Done
>
> time limit is set to october 15, 2008. After this date (or soon
> after), the pages will be set write disabled (but, of course still
> writable by admins, but only for typo fixing - such pages can't be
> always modified!). The discussion page already exists, but it's better
> to discuss before here.
>
> I tried to keep the very minimum on the Manifesto
> (http://wiki.tldp.org/Rewriting Manifesto) and the licence
> (http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence) pages to make it easier
> to part the important sections and the comments.
>
> please, feel free to discuss anything and don't wait to fix ortograph
> and typos :-))
>
> I plan to ask main distributions advice before final closing. I have
> connexions with openSUSE, can anybody do the same for Debian, Red Hat,
> Mandriva....

Ok. I will contact the other distributions. But I think the list
should be Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, Gentoo, Ubuntu, and CentOS

--
Svetoslav P. Chukov
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 23 Sep 2008 10:44:40 +0100

mhydra a écrit :

> Ok. I will contact the other distributions. But I think the list
> should be Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, Gentoo, Ubuntu, and CentOS

don't forget the "..." :-)

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/

however, if I ask distribution to mark one of them as LDP contact, we
could also try to have somebody on the LDP side, not already bound to
other task to do so

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org
From: mhydra ####@####.####
Date: 23 Sep 2008 11:09:59 +0100

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:43 PM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:
> mhydra a écrit :
>
>> Ok. I will contact the other distributions. But I think the list
>> should be Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, Gentoo, Ubuntu, and CentOS
>>
> don't forget the "..." :-)
>
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/
>
> however, if I ask distribution to mark one of them as LDP contact, we
> could also try to have somebody on the LDP side, not already bound to
> other task to do so

Wow, It will be a great year for us. As I see the things, TLDP will
persist to most of the top distributions.
That is really great for me. Did you remember how we started? With a
conversation about wikis, documents, pages....
At the beginning of the year I thought only how to save the existing
documents and keep them up-to-date.
I am really happy now to see how TLDP is going.  And the next year
will be even more excited.

--
Svetoslav P. Chukov
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 23 Sep 2008 11:16:43 +0100

mhydra a écrit :

> Wow, It will be a great year for us.

hope so :-)

 As I see the things, TLDP will
> persist to most of the top distributions.

hope so :-)))

> That is really great for me. Did you remember how we started? With a
> conversation about wikis, documents, pages....
> At the beginning of the year I thought only how to save the existing
> documents and keep them up-to-date.
> I am really happy now to see how TLDP is going.  And the next year
> will be even more excited.

it's not always easy to know where the work have to be done the most
usefully. I was many years not really knowing what was the LDP - in
fact it was the fact that Guylhem Aznar was a friend and the tldp
leader that made me write my first HOWTO.

I xas years also thinking LDP was working without problem. the discuss
list, of course, time to time got trolled by the wiki subject :-))

But the last discussion probably showed the LDP was a primary goal and
needed badly hands

we now have to make more people understand this :-)

but right now we are only a handfull to work really, so we have to
keep some time delay to have things done. end of 2009 is not that easy
to keep as a full working LDP limit

jdd