discuss: Thread: scripts priority

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: scripts priority
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 29 Sep 2008 09:31:28 +0100

We need scripts to manage the HOWTOs, mostly wiki<->docbook scripts, I
beg the docbook<->other formats for the web site are already here?
(where??)

in fact we need badly, right now, a "script frame", that is in fact a
list of the wiki markup we can freely use now in the HOWTOs to allow a
clean conversion.

May be, we will be able to accept any wiki markup, but probably not
anytime soon.

we also have to know how the wiki documents have to be written to
allow clean conversion.

I mean, what title tree, where to put some mandatory data (licence...).

this wont mean we need the script itself now. I don't plan to make a
real update to the static site before next christmas (should be a good
new year gift :-)

(I need this for the authors guide I'm trying to update now)

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org
From: mhydra ####@####.####
Date: 29 Sep 2008 11:54:24 +0100

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:30 AM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:

> We need scripts to manage the HOWTOs, mostly wiki<->docbook scripts, I
> beg the docbook<->other formats for the web site are already here?
> (where??)
>
> in fact we need badly, right now, a "script frame", that is in fact a
> list of the wiki markup we can freely use now in the HOWTOs to allow a
> clean conversion.

Have a look here:
http://wiki.tldp.org/DocBook%20Gateway

I would remark that this stylesheet is working *but* everything depends on
the documents. Most of the TLDP XML documents are badly formatted and the
actual result is also badly formatted wiki markup.

So, we do not need a script (we already have that tool) but a proper control
over the documents. Without standardized input xml, no script/tool/software
could work.

So, I think about that question we are done. We have the tool, it is only
XML -> Wiki, but we have no reviewed and ready for transformation wiki
pages, so for now it is more than enough.

What done is done. We already have written documents and they are totally
wrong. Some of them are *standard SGML*, some of them are *non-standard
SGML*, * standard XML*, *standard XML with extra non-standard tags*,
*non-standard XML*.

For now my XSLT is working only on the *standard XML*. For the other
documents, sorry guys but we probably have to convert them manually...

--
Svetoslav P. Chukov
From: mhydra ####@####.####
Date: 29 Sep 2008 11:56:32 +0100

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 1:53 PM, mhydra ####@####.#### wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:30 AM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:
>
>> We need scripts to manage the HOWTOs, mostly wiki<->docbook scripts, I
>> beg the docbook<->other formats for the web site are already here?
>> (where??)
>>
>> in fact we need badly, right now, a "script frame", that is in fact a
>> list of the wiki markup we can freely use now in the HOWTOs to allow a
>> clean conversion.
>>

> Have a look here:
> http://wiki.tldp.org/DocBook%20Gateway
>
> I would remark that this stylesheet is working *but* everything depends on
> the documents. Most of the TLDP XML documents are badly formatted and the
> actual result is also badly formatted wiki markup.
>
> So, we do not need a script (we already have that tool) but a proper
> control over the documents. Without standardized input xml, no
> script/tool/software could work.
>
> So, I think about that question we are done. We have the tool, it is only
> XML -> Wiki, but we have no reviewed and ready for transformation wiki
> pages, so for now it is more than enough.
>
> What done is done. We already have written documents and they are totally
> wrong. Some of them are *standard SGML*, some of them are *non-standard
> SGML*, * standard XML*, *standard XML with extra non-standard tags*,
> *non-standard XML*.
>
> For now my XSLT is working only on the *standard XML*. For the other
> documents, sorry guys but we probably have to convert them manually...
>
> --
> Svetoslav P. Chukov

I will propose proper ways to convert that documents in the next few days.

--
Svetoslav P. Chukov
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 29 Sep 2008 12:06:22 +0100

mhydra a écrit :

> XML -> Wiki, but we have no reviewed and ready for transformation wiki
> pages, so for now it is more than enough.

not at all.

we can't write wiki pages without knowing what can be converted.

wiki is a completely free format, one can mix title levels very
easily, we also have to manage inclusions, attachements, sub pages...

did you notice somebody begun writing a howto with dual layer
subpages? (one/two/three)

how can we manage this?

we don't need the script, only the frame

jdd

From: mhydra ####@####.####
Date: 29 Sep 2008 12:38:18 +0100

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 2:05 PM, jdd ####@####.#### wrote:

> mhydra a écrit :
>
> > XML -> Wiki, but we have no reviewed and ready for transformation wiki
> > pages, so for now it is more than enough.
>
> not at all.
>
> we can't write wiki pages without knowing what can be converted.
>
> wiki is a completely free format, one can mix title levels very
> easily, we also have to manage inclusions, attachements, sub pages...
>
> did you notice somebody begun writing a howto with dual layer
> subpages? (one/two/three)
>
> how can we manage this?
>
> we don't need the script, only the frame
>
> jdd

Do not worry. There is no problem at Wiki -> *any known format on the
planet*.
But the problem is *existing badly formatted xml pages* -> any other format.

We can handle wiki <-> xml without problems.

--
Svetoslav P. Chukov
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 11 Nov 2009 11:29:30 +0000

mhydra a écrit :

> Do not worry. There is no problem at Wiki -> *any known format on the
> planet*.

ok, very good

> But the problem is *existing badly formatted xml pages* -> any other format.

I beg they are manually formatted pages? if a script was involved it
could be possible to reverse.

can you "detect" (list) the faulty pages? It may be easier to start
from html or even text.

jdd
--

Subject: Re: scripts priority
From: jdd-gmane ####@####.####
Date: 11 Nov 2009 13:06:28 +0000

don't worry, my thunderbird found mail not send, but years old :-)
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org

Date: 11 Nov 2009 17:36:39 +0000

mhydra a écrit :

> Do not worry. There is no problem at Wiki -> *any known format on the
> planet*.

ok, very good