discuss: Thread: Wiki pages to be read-only.

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Wiki pages to be read-only.
From: mhydra ####@####.####
Date: 18 Sep 2008 18:31:26 +0100

Since, we have 20-30 howtos already imported in the wiki and they all
are with read-write access, I altered the ACL policy to read-only of
the pages imported by me.
But I am not sure if this is enough, I can edit the pages even now.
So, it will be very good if somebody (probably Sergiusz Pawlowicz) can
help in that task.
That pages have to be read-only until we have permission from the
authors to put the documents in GFDL.
This is very easy task, I already put #acl in some pages (have a look
at the recent changes) but I am not sure if that would work properly.
I am only ordinary user, not administrator.

--
Svetoslav P. Chukov
Subject: Re: [discuss] Wiki pages to be read-only.
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 18 Sep 2008 19:47:36 +0100

mhydra a écrit :
> Since, we have 20-30 howtos already imported in the wiki and they all
> are with read-write access, I altered the ACL policy to read-only of
> the pages imported by me.

good

> But I am not sure if this is enough, I can edit the pages even now.

you *are* listed as an admin in the acl config :-)

> So, it will be very good if somebody (probably Sergiusz Pawlowicz) can
> help in that task.

no need, all is fine

> That pages have to be read-only until we have permission from the
> authors to put the documents in GFDL.
> This is very easy task, I already put #acl in some pages (have a look
> at the recent changes) but I am not sure if that would work properly.
> I am only ordinary user, not administrator.

I had to create an other user, not an admin, to test that. ordinary
user ("known" people) can't write on the page.

#acl ALL:read

is perfectly good :-)

however, we should find a way to makes this obvious. some sort of tag
saying "page restricted for licence reason" or something similar.

I know how to do this for mediawiki, but not yet for Moin :-(

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org