discuss: Thread: LDP needs a default licence

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: LDP needs a default licence
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Sep 2008 16:48:54 +0100

to http://www.softwarefreedom.org/

Hello,

You probably already know about the Linux Documentation Project
(http://tlsp.org and http://wiki.tldp.org)

after some time sleeping, the LDP try to come with a new activity, and
to attract more authors around a wiki (adress above).

I was designed (by default :-) as LDP coordinator.

A great part of our doc is obsolete. We have much problems joining the
previous HOWTOs authors.

For the past, we have to cope with the various licences used in the
HOWTOs, but for the future we would like to have as many as possible
documents under an usable single licence.

this licence must allow editing documents in the wiki, possibly by
anonymous authors (login is required, but we have little way to
indentify peoples), changing easily authors by new ones given the
first one is no more accessible (if he is joinable, there is no
problem), and of course being able to include LDP HOWTOs in all major
distributions, including Debian, openSUSE and many others.

Of course  we want to do so still respecting all the rights and in the
opensource freedom system we are part of.

After internal discussion, we think a good choice is this one:
http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence, but some incertainty
remains and we would like to have some expert advice.

can you help us in this respect?

thanks
jdd

--