discuss: Thread: (mini-) HOWTO suggestion Kerberos

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: (mini-) HOWTO suggestion Kerberos
From: "Sebastian Ponitka" ####@####.####
Date: 4 Jul 2001 14:44:09 -0000

Hello,

what about a kerberos HOWTO or mini-HOWTO?? In the last two month tried to
set up a kerberos environment and it was very difficult to find information
in the HOWTO style.

You find only small descriptions of the US universities, but no document for
linux (how to set up kerberized services...).

best regards

Sebastian

Subject: Re: (mini-) HOWTO suggestion Kerberos
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 4 Jul 2001 16:20:06 -0000

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 04:39:35PM +0200, Sebastian Ponitka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what about a kerberos HOWTO or mini-HOWTO?? In the last two month tried to
> set up a kerberos environment and it was very difficult to find information
> in the HOWTO style.
>
> You find only small descriptions of the US universities, but no document for
> linux (how to set up kerberized services...).

Go ahead. If you are a new author, see the LAG (from our home page)
for instructions on how to write an LDP doc. And you can always come
here for help.

Regards,

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice versa.
From: Sandy Harris ####@####.####
Date: 4 Jul 2001 16:53:48 -0000

Sebastian Ponitka wrote:

> what about a kerberos HOWTO or mini-HOWTO?? In the last two month tried to
> set up a kerberos environment and it was very difficult to find information
> in the HOWTO style.
>
> You find only small descriptions of the US universities, but no document for
> linux (how to set up kerberized services...).

I have a few links in the FreeS/WAN doc section on interoperating with Windows
2000:

http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.91/doc/interop.html#win2k

I'd love to have something better to link to.

Do the Samba folks have anything? They'd need kerberos for some of the things
they do to interoperate with MS products.