discuss: Thread: [ndeepak@mantraonline.com: Can I contribute a presentation on Linux?]

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: [ndeepak@mantraonline.com: Can I contribute a presentation on Linux?]
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jun 2001 21:37:07 -0000

FYI

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

It was kinda like stuffing the wrong card in a computer, when you're
stickin' those artificial stimulants in your arm.
		-- Dion, noted computer scientist

Dear Sir,

I am a computer engineering student from Bangalore,
India, and have done a presentation on Linux operating
system. Since the syllabus explicitly states the use of
MS PowerPoint, I had no other choice.

The presentation consists of 30 slides discussing the
history, technical features, myths, issues, conclusion,
and further resources on Linux. It also has 'sidewalks'
discussing some statistics, commands, my Linux desktop,
vs Windows NT, popular applications for Linux, and ten
good reasons to use Linux.

Can I contribute this show to your project? Not that it
helps a lot for the professional, but a layman stuck
with Windows can use it to gain an insight into the
wonderful Linux operating system.

If you are interested, Sir, you can download the
presentation in compressed .zip form from my home page.
The direct link is:
http://www.geocities.com/netmaniac00/linppt.zip
(618 KB, about 3 minutes to download)

Thanking you, and hope this has not been spam,

Yours faithfully,
Deepak.
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jun 2001 22:29:07 -0000

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 10:48:09PM +0100, Guylhem Aznar wrote:
> It could be interesting if converted to a linux readable format.
>
> I could try a powerpoint reader on a windows machine to make jpg screenshots?

Okay, so we can at least take a look at it. Thanks,

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

Security check: INTRUDER ALERT!
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 1 Jul 2001 21:54:06 -0000

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 11:05:46AM -0700, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:

> He could convert it to StarOffice presentation format.

Sure. If it's a lot easier and quicker to do screenshots, that might
be good, so we can decide whether the effort of conversion is merited.

> On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, David Merrill wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 10:48:09PM +0100, Guylhem Aznar wrote:
> >> It could be interesting if converted to a linux readable format.
> >>
> >> I could try a powerpoint reader on a windows machine to make jpg screenshots?
> >
> >Okay, so we can at least take a look at it. Thanks,
> >

> --
> --
> <COMPANY>CommandPrompt	- http://www.commandprompt.com	</COMPANY>
> <PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.	- http://www.opendocs.org	</PROJECT>
> <PROJECT>LinuxPorts 	- http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
> <WEBMASTER>LDP		- http://www.linuxdoc.org	</WEBMASTER>
> --
> Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
> start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.
> --

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

Real programmers don't write in BASIC.  Actually, no programmers write in
BASIC after reaching puberty.
From: Poet/Joshua Drake ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jul 2001 07:34:54 -0000