discuss: Thread: Linux Newbie Administrator Guide

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Linux Newbie Administrator Guide
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 19 Apr 2001 04:07:46 -0000

I talked to the author of the Linux Newbie Administrator Guide and he
wants us to publish it on the LDP site under the GFDL. We already have
a link to it but haven't actually published it.

We need a volunteer to convert it to DocBook. Anybody want to tackle
it?

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

Windows Airlines:
The terminal is very neat and clean, the attendants all very attractive, the
pilots very capable. The fleet of Learjets the carrier operates is immense.
Your jet takes off without a hitch, pushing above the clouds, and at 20,000
feet it explodes without warning.
Subject: Re: Linux Newbie Administrator Guide
From: Poet/Joshua Drake ####@####.####
Date: 19 Apr 2001 06:53:00 -0000

Hello,

Is it in HTML?

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt	- http://www.commandprompt.com	</COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.	- http://www.opendocs.org	</PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts 	- http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP		- http://www.linuxdoc.org	</WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.

From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 19 Apr 2001 13:10:46 -0000

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 11:51:56PM -0700, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it in HTML?

It is.

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, David Merrill wrote:
>
> >I talked to the author of the Linux Newbie Administrator Guide and he
> >wants us to publish it on the LDP site under the GFDL. We already have
> >a link to it but haven't actually published it.
> >
> >We need a volunteer to convert it to DocBook. Anybody want to tackle
> >it?

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

The primary function of the design engineer is to make things
difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.
From: Poet/Joshua Drake ####@####.####
Date: 19 Apr 2001 17:40:34 -0000

Hello,

We have a program that will dump it straight to valid docbook. Some
formatting will have to take place afterwards but it works great.

I will convert it, if somebody offers to format it.

From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 19 Apr 2001 18:04:56 -0000

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:39:13AM -0700, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a program that will dump it straight to valid docbook. Some
> formatting will have to take place afterwards but it works great.
>
> I will convert it, if somebody offers to format it.

Great, go ahead. We'll find somebody to format it.

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, David Merrill wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 11:51:56PM -0700, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Is it in HTML?
> >
> >It is.

> --
> --
> <COMPANY>CommandPrompt	- http://www.commandprompt.com	</COMPANY>
> <PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.	- http://www.opendocs.org	</PROJECT>
> <PROJECT>LinuxPorts 	- http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
> <WEBMASTER>LDP		- http://www.linuxdoc.org	</WEBMASTER>
> --
> Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
> start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.
> --

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

You have junk mail.
From: Sandy Harris ####@####.####
Date: 19 Apr 2001 21:02:37 -0000

Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a program that will dump it straight to valid docbook. Some
> formatting will have to take place afterwards but it works great.
>
> I will convert it, if somebody offers to format it.

Can I get ahold of that program?
I'd like to try it on my HTML FreeS/WAN docs.
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jul 2001 20:52:10 -0000

We need a volunteer to convert the LNAG into DocBook. Any takers?

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

Prof:    So the American government went to IBM to come up with a data
	 encryption standard and they came up with ...
Student: EBCDIC!"
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jul 2001 21:24:05 -0000

> We need a volunteer to convert the LNAG into DocBook. Any takers?

After sending this I read my next note and realized I already have a
volunteer, Mr. Poet. He's taking care of it, thanks to those who
replied.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten percent of its capacity
-- the rest is overhead for the operating system.