discuss: Thread: (Fwd) Thank you for the materials

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: (Fwd) Thank you for the materials
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jun 2001 01:18:11 -0000

Forwarding to the LDP discussion list...
Please send all responses to Mike ####@####.####

--- Forwarded mail from ####@####.####

Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:43:13 -0400
From: "Michael Schmitz" ####@####.####
To: ####@####.####
Subject: Thank you for the materials

Hello,

This is Mike of the WiderNet Project based out of the University of Iowa.
 I am scouring the net to find reference materials to put on a CD to send
to Nigeria to help train technicians at various Nigerian universities.  We
plan on using a lot of materials from the Linux Documentation Project to
put on the cd's.  Thank you for putting these materials together and
allowing them to be freely distributed.

The WiderNet project is a non-profit organization funded by USAID and the
US State Department.  Some of our main goals are to consult Nigerian
universities in connecting to the Internet, shipping donated computers
overseas to Nigerian universities, setting up networks on Nigerian
campuses, and training technicians to build and monitor these networks.
 For more information on the WiderNet project visit www.widernet.org.

You may be able to help us further by giving us suggestions on useful
reference materials on the web.  We are looking for materials on Linux,
Windows, networking, computer hardware (ie. building, installing,
troubleshooting, etc.), and computing dictionaries or encyclopedias.  Of
course we will ask for and receive permission from suggested sites before
using them on the CD.  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Mike Schmitz

--