discuss: Thread: Funny Situation with a DAT Tape

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Funny Situation with a DAT Tape
From: Joseph Koenig ####@####.####
Date: 4 Apr 2001 15:13:07 -0000

I've got a linux (RH 6.2) server with a SCSI DAT tape (Sony). The client
pushed the eject button and the tape isn't coming out. I don't know for
sure that the tape was rewound when he pushed the eject button, whether
or not that makes a difference. Any help on how to get the tape out of
the drive, or even mounted again, would be great. I can't get the system
to realize there is a tape in the drive and it just will not come out.
I'm fairly new to Linux, so this is a stumper for me :) Thanks,

Joe
Subject: Re: Funny Situation with a DAT Tape
From: Dan York ####@####.####
Date: 4 Apr 2001 15:32:21 -0000

Joseph,

Unfortunately, you've contacted the wrong list... we are for the
discussion of issues around the *documentation* provided through
the Linux Documentation Project.

For links to other sites that may provide the help you are looking for, see:

  http://www.linuxdoc.org/mailinfo.html

Best wishes,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        ####@####.####
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739