discuss: Thread: docbook processor

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: docbook processor
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 15 Mar 2001 20:06:21 -0000

Hello everyone,

So far I haven't heard any bug reports, but few people have tested.
Things seem to be working okay but would some more people please help
test? And if you tickle a bug, let me know. Otherwise, I will assume
it worked for you.

So, Mark, you can go ahead and put the ####@####.#### address
right in the LAG. I don't have any problem running this service on my
workstation, at least until it becomes a problem. Hopefully that will
not happen, and I'll deal with it if/when it does.

For those who missed my original message, I have a docbook sgml (only)
processing system set up at ####@####.#### Just send your
single sgml file as a mime attachment, and you will get back a single
page of html, as well as a .tar.gz file of the multi-page html.
You will have to download these files from a url that will be sent
back to you.

Eventually I hope to add other formats but I'll wait until this is
known to be very stable. Remember that the intent of this system is to
let you see how it will render at the LDP, not to give you the files.
That's just a nice side benefit. Also if you have stuff that is not LDP
related, you must ask me for permission or I will block you from the
service.

BTW, I have limited disk space, so don't expect your stuff to sit
around for long. I might clear it every night at midnight. If anybody
wants to donate a drive, I'll be happy to take it. :-)
Also, on that note, please don't send anything really huge until I get
the diskspace problem resolved somehow.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

[It is] best to confuse only one issue at a time.
		-- K&R
Subject: Re: docbook processor
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 15 Mar 2001 21:37:51 -0000

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 03:04:50PM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> BTW, I have limited disk space, so don't expect your stuff to sit
> around for long. I might clear it every night at midnight. If anybody
> wants to donate a drive, I'll be happy to take it. :-)
> Also, on that note, please don't send anything really huge until I get
> the diskspace problem resolved somehow.

I just put a rm -rf script in my cron.daily, so all your files will be
deleted at 4:00 AM EST (GMT - 5) every night. I really am almost out
of disk space (89% full in the /home partition).

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

Everybody needs a little love sometime; stop hacking and fall in love!
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 22 Dec 2001 23:40:12 -0000

Would those who have been using the DocBook Processor since it moved
to a new machine in the last month please write me privately to tell
me what you think of it now? I am using the default stylesheets now,
not the LDP's, and wonder if that is a bother to you because it
displays differently than it will on the LDP. If it's an issue for
you, I'll work on getting the LDP stylesheets installed properly,
otherwise I have higher priorites.

Also, has it ever failed to your knowledge, in the last month?

Please send replies privately, no need to bother the whole list.

Thanks,

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

Microsoft's goal is domination of the global information business, which is
to say all business. Phone companies, cable television companies, post
offices, stock exchanges, banks, treasury departments -- all of these are
viewed by Microsoft as future competitors.
	--Robert X. Cringely, PBS Columnist