discuss: Thread: e-learning on learn.linuxdoc.org?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: e-learning on learn.linuxdoc.org?
From: Guylhem Aznar ####@####.####
Date: 8 Apr 2001 18:23:01 -0000

Hello,

I would like some feedback on an e-learning idea I have.

The LDP has many documentation online and there is a copyleft php
e-learning application  95% ready to use.
We could create learn.linuxdoc.org - mostly to add a poll system optional
interface to the current HOWTOs.

There people would read an HOWTO, and if they want or have time to, read 5
questions, click on the answers and get a quick evaluation.

It would not require any personal involvement but submitting questions - if
some authors do not have time to submit questions for their documents,
maybe the LPI could offer us questions.

OTOH, for authors willing to give some more time, an administrator
interface would let them create polls, respond to user questions, etc.

Subject: Re: e-learning on learn.linuxdoc.org?
From: Jorge Luiz Godoy Filho ####@####.####
Date: 8 Apr 2001 19:13:53 -0000

On Sun, 08 Apr 2001, ####@####.#### wrote:

> The LDP has many documentation online and there is a copyleft php
> e-learning application  95% ready to use.
> We could create learn.linuxdoc.org - mostly to add a poll system
> optional interface to the current HOWTOs.
>
> There people would read an HOWTO, and if they want or have time to,
> read 5 questions, click on the answers and get a quick evaluation.
>
> It would not require any personal involvement but submitting
> questions - if some authors do not have time to submit questions for
> their documents, maybe the LPI could offer us questions.
>
> OTOH, for authors willing to give some more time, an administrator
> interface would let them create polls, respond to user questions,
> etc.

It seems to be a nice idea.
And a good thing towards that idea we discussed in NY about working
together with LPI...

See you,
--

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.

"Ser poeta não é minha ambição, é minha maneira de estar sozinho"
				- Fernando Pessoa