discuss: Thread: DocBook tutorial

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: DocBook tutorial
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 9 Mar 2001 01:30:13 -0000

I don't know how I missed this the first time, but there is a really
good db tutorial on http://lwn.net/2000/features/DocBook/

Mark, would you add this to the LAG list of other resources?

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

Finagle's Second Law:
	No matter what the anticipated result, there will always be
	someone eager to (a) misinterpret it, (b) fake it, or (c) believe it
	happened according to his own pet theory.
Subject: Re: DocBook tutorial
From: Dan York ####@####.####
Date: 9 Mar 2001 17:29:52 -0000

David,

> I don't know how I missed this the first time, but there is a really
> good db tutorial on http://lwn.net/2000/features/DocBook/
>
> Mark, would you add this to the LAG list of other resources?

Hmmm... *is* there a list of other resources in the LAG that I just
somehow missed? (I looked through the whole thing this morning and
didn't find it.)  Or did you and I just mention the same idea in
separate messages?  ;-)

Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        ####@####.####
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Mar 2001 17:32:48 -0000

On Mar 9, 12:29pm, Dan York wrote:
> Subject: Re: DocBook tutorial
> David,
>
> > I don't know how I missed this the first time, but there is a really
> > good db tutorial on http://lwn.net/2000/features/DocBook/
> >
> > Mark, would you add this to the LAG list of other resources?
>
> Hmmm... *is* there a list of other resources in the LAG that I just
> somehow missed? (I looked through the whole thing this morning and
> didn't find it.)  Or did you and I just mention the same idea in
> separate messages?  ;-)

http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/other.html
http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/sg-references.html

and on the Author's area of the LDP:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/#resources

r,
Ferg
From: Dan York ####@####.####
Date: 12 Mar 2001 15:50:31 -0000

Ferg,

> > Hmmm... *is* there a list of other resources in the LAG that I just
> > somehow missed? (I looked through the whole thing this morning and
> > didn't find it.)  Or did you and I just mention the same idea in
> > separate messages?  ;-)
>
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/other.html
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/sg-references.html

Okay, I missed them! :-)

But neither of those is as useful as the other one you mention:

> and on the Author's area of the LDP:
>
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/#resources

Which probably should have others added, too... sigh... which I don't
have time to contribute to right now... so I'll just shut up now. :-)

Thanks,
Dan

From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Mar 2001 16:02:46 -0000

On Mar 12, 10:50am, Dan York wrote:
> Subject: Re: DocBook tutorial
> Ferg,
>
> > > Hmmm... *is* there a list of other resources in the LAG that I just
> > > somehow missed? (I looked through the whole thing this morning and
> > > didn't find it.)  Or did you and I just mention the same idea in
> > > separate messages?  ;-)
> >
> > http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/other.html
> > http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/sg-references.html
>
> Okay, I missed them! :-)
>
> But neither of those is as useful as the other one you mention:
>
> > and on the Author's area of the LDP:
> >
> > http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/#resources
>
> Which probably should have others added, too... sigh... which I don't
> have time to contribute to right now... so I'll just shut up now. :-)

If you (or anyone) has links to contribute, send them my way.

We should keep an updated list of resources in the LAG and/or
point to the resources area on the website (from within the LAG).

r,
Ferg