discuss: Thread: Re: That mini-HOWTO template

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: That mini-HOWTO template
From: Dan York ####@####.####
Date: 8 Jan 2001 15:48:27 -0000

Toby,

FYI, all discussion is moving over to the new LDP mailing lists. If you
have not subscribed over there, please do so now.  The "ldp-discuss"
mailing list is going away.

> I am about ready to do the formatting for a mini-HOWTO I have written, but, like a fool,
> binned a mail some time ago that contained a template for mini-HOWTOs. I had a look for
> it on the LDP website but could not find it. Could someone let me know where I can find
> it?

Please take a look at the LDP Author Guide. It explains what you need
to do to mark up your HOWTO:

  http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/

Specifically, on the "new authors" page are some templates you can use:

  http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/newauthors.html

Also, the trend is now to go away from distinguishing between a "HOWTO"
and a "mini-HOWTO" as the distinction before was somewhat arbitrary and
some of the "mini-HOWTOs" in fact became quite large on their own.
Please consider just naming it a "HOWTO".

I hope this helps... and if you need more assistance please subscribe
to the new LDP mailing lists:

  http://www.linuxdoc.org/mailinfo.html

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        ####@####.####
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739